Manage Customer acceptance of Komatsu mining class machines sold internationally.
Monitor and ensure Komatsu America’s contractual obligations with regards to machine performance are being met or exceeded.
Assist with the adjudication of Warranty Policy Claims valued between $10,000 - $50,000.
Develop and implement an activity plan to establish a clear direction and time line for key support activities. Provides distributor support to all international Distributors. Assisting distribution with Key Performance Indicators and Implementing Continuous Improvement (CI) process' . Responsible for providing the required Distributor service support needed to earn and enhance customer satisfaction by managing technical and quality issues to resolution.
1. Make distributor visits to regions with developing /emerging Mining markets to evaluate distributor capabilities, resources, capacity to handle mining markets.
2. Oversee Joint Activity Plan’s with the KAC Territory Managers & distributor personnel that includes improvements in Key Performance Area's, training and service support capabilities. Support Marketing and Distributor Service Development Activities
3. Review Distributor progress with Territory Managers and initiate actions and make recommendations on additional actions required on Joint Activity Plan.
4. Coordinate with Manager, Distributor Development to identify areas for distributor development, coordinate with KAC MIS and Service departments to set up access to Komatsu systems such as SAP. SMAP, Komtrax Plus, EQP-Care, R+M Care.
5. Active participation in Monthly Juhin Meetings with GE, Siemens, Cummins, KAC. Participate in monthly Juhin meeting for KMG and KLTD product as required.
6. Coordinate machine deliveries and assemblies with Distributors to ensure support from KAC, Cummins, GE and Siemens are on-site during startup & commissioning.
7. Adjudication of Policy Warranty Claims valued $10,000 - $50,000 within 30 calendar days. Review and make recommendations to Director, Mining Service on claims exceeding $50,000.
8. Monitor Factory Campaign progress and ensure tools, parts and manpower are available to complete campaigns prior to expiration. Work with Territory Manager’s and Distributor to ensure sufficient resources are committed to FC completions. Target is 93.5% completion.
9. Participate and report equipment performance issues and actions to resolve issues at monthly Project M Meetings.
10. Manage approximately $3.9 million budget within guidelines.
1. BS/BA in Engineering/Business Management and five (5) to seven (7) years experience in customer support management with heavy equipment (construction or mining) or,
Seven (7) to ten (10) years experience in customer support management with heavy equipment (construction or mining) and, five (5) years working with heavy equipment manufacturing or distribution.
Basic understanding of Distributor business processes; service, parts, sales and administration.
2. Written and Verbal Communication Skills- Ability to demonstrate and report factual information.
3. Time Management: Prioritize activities to maximize distributor and customer support efforts
4. Understanding of PC Hardware/Software systems, Company's current IT applications, programs and processes.
5. Williness to travel extensively to support the territory. Frequent overnight stays and williness to stay and complete the task. Travel may exceed 50% depending on territory
6. Basic knowledge of construction equipment; hydraulic, engine, powertrain, electrical, undercarriage, failure analysis and root cause analysis
7. MSHA annual certification and training which is provided annually by KAC.
8. Physical Requirements:
While performing the duties of this job, the associate is required to have ordinary ambulatory skills sufficient to visit other locations; and the ability to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, and manipulate (life, carry, move) light to medium weights of 10-50 pounds. Requires good hand-eye coordination, arm, hand and finger dexterity, including ability to grasp, and visual acuity to use a keyboard, operate equipment and read application information. The associate frequently is required to sit, reach with hands and arms, talk and hear.
Physical ability to work in adverse weather conditions, often in remote Mining locations to manage technical support on jobsite. This will commonly require walking on unpaved ground to review the assembly and inspection process of heavy equipment.