We are currently seeking a Civil/Structural Engineer for our New York office to provide forensic and consulting services for insurance, legal, industrial and other clients. This person will assess and determine the cause and origin of structural failures and construction defects. Provide oral and written reports of findings and when needed, expert testimony. This position will manage multiple projects, evaluate and reviews design and field engineering changes during construction; ensure work quality and adherence to specifications; and performs related duties as assigned. In return for your talent and effort, we offer our full-time employees a competitive benefits package—including medical, dental, vision, life, disability, employer-matching 401(k), a flexible work schedule, and opportunities for advancement.
Perform forensic assignments within the field of civil/structural engineering expertise based upon a scope of work and budget prepared by the consultant and agreed upon by the client in advance of performing the work. Field Investigations: Study and determine the cause and origin of construction defects or structural failures. This person will produce written forensic reports detailing the causes and origins of construction defects and/or structural failures and coordinate geotechnical and other support to produce client reports in timely manner. Ensuring that procedure is being followed and checks on safety features of the project during the time it is being completed. Use many different equations, applications and figures to ensure the proper procedure application. Items that must take part in and use include chemical testing applications, drafting and design software, electrical test devices and equipment, land surveying techniques and the metric system, to name just a few pertinent items. Follow and use laws and regulations every step of the way, may serve as team leader or project manager, and may be required to supervise and/or evaluate performance of associate team members. Ability to initiate, develop and maintain mutually beneficial client relationships.
- B.S. Civil, Structural, or Architectural Engineeringdegree or higher.
- P.E. required.
- 5 – 15+ yrs. of experience.
- Project Management and/or Field Investigation required.
- Must have high level of analytical skills. Work requires continual attention to detail with the ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions. Must be able to interact and communicate with clients at all levels (e.g. internal and external).
- Must have knowledge of a variety of computer software applications including but not limited to, Microsoft Office Applications and computer assisted engineering and design software.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret common scientific and technical reports or journals, financialreports and legal documents.
- Capable of effectively presenting information to top management, clients, public groups and/or boards of directors.
- Employee is frequently required to stand, walk on slope roofs, sit, climb ladders, bend, climb inside attics and crawl under homes and tunnels, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, talk, hear, and drive a motor vehicle to job sites. Employee may lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Clear vision and depth perception are also necessary.
Job ID 2016-1359