Emera is a North American energy leader. Regulated utilities are core to our business, but we’re also working in transmission projects, marketing and trading, contracted generation, asset management, utility services, pipelines, and renewable technology development.
Our ability to serve more customers in more places is thanks to the commitment of our 7,400 employees in Canada, the USA and the Caribbean.
Emera values people who believe that safety and health, relationships, and excellence are integral to how we work. In return, we value the diversity of our people and invest in their growth through:
- competitive compensation packages: including a comprehensive pension and benefits plan and employee-sponsored saving plans
- opportunities for career growth: including a strategic focus on employee development plans, opportunities to advance within and between our affiliate companies, sponsored education programs
- giving back to communities: including corporate investments in the places where our people live and work; employee dollars-for-doers and fundraising-matching programs, scholarships for children of employees
As the successful candidate, you will lead a team of 3 IT auditors responsible for developing and executing Emera’s annual IT Audit & Advisory plan. In addition, you will have the opportunity to manage other various non-IT engagements (e.g. operational audits, etc.).
In your role you will be required to present audit findings and recommendations to senior management; ensuring that issues are well defined, root causes are determined and appropriate solutions are recommended.
Primary responsibilities will include:
- Developing the annual IT Audit & Advisory plan;
- Managing multiple audit and advisory activities;
- Delivering high-quality audit and advisory reports;
- Monitoring remediation activities;
- Identifying process improvement and efficiency; opportunities, where possible;
- Overseeing Emera’s IT SOx Compliance activities;
- Collaborating with IT and various business functions;
- Presenting to Senior Management teams; and
- Assisting in developing and implementing audit standards, policies and procedures.
Skills, Capabilities and Experience:
You have developed annual audit programs and delivered comprehensive value-add audit and advisory reports. You are a relationship builder, both with stakeholders and the audit team. You maintain a high degree of honesty, integrity and display high ethical standards. You are a collaborator and work toward win / win outcomes. You are flexible with the ability to negotiate and see the art of the possible in a challenging and highly visible role.
You possess expert knowledge in IT and risk-based auditing and have a proven ability to execute a portfolio of audit and advisory engagements. You remain focused and deliver results in a rapidly changing and fast-pace environment.
You have a minimum of 10 years’ experience in an IT audit and/or IT operational role with at least 4 years in an audit management position. You hold an undergraduatedegree with a professional designation (e.g. CPA, Eng., etc.) and IT audit certification (e.g. CISA, etc.). You are an excellent communicator, inspired leader and engaged team player.
Reports to: Senior Director, Internal Audit
Location: Halifax, NS
Salary: Commensurate with qualifications and experience.