nFocus Solutions is dedicated to the development of innovative technologies and intelligent business solutions for the public sector. We are a leading provider of applications, services and technologies that nonprofit organizations, communities, first responders and government agencies rely on to deliver services to the public at large. Our high-quality data management and analysis software enable our clients to achieve clear, well-defined results that change the world. Here at nFocus Solutions, we want to build a team whose values reflect our own: operating with integrity, putting the customer first, and making nFocus a great place to work. Come build something great with us.
The Senior Software Engineer shall have a strong, demonstrated background in the development and maintenance of web based, distributed database applications. Candidate will work as a key member of the nFocus software development team to design, develop and integrate software modules as part of a fielded large scale enterprise Army training application. Candidate will work with nFocus and government teams to identify and document issues with the fielded enterprise training application hosted on Government network. Candidate shall work on various phases of the program across the full development life-cycle. Candidate will be required to troubleshoot reported issues from the field and fix the issues or communicate the problems to developers for further diagnosis.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Work closely with nFocus and Government technical and programmatic teams on day-to-day basis to enhance nFocus Solutions fielded products
- Design, develop and test application web based application software
- Troubleshoot deployed solutions on Government networks
- Plan and manage assigned work and provide timely and accurate status
- Provide verbal and written updates, status, and completion information to manager, as requested.
- Other related duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related field
- Minimum of ten years work experience as a software engineer designing and developing web based distributed application development
- Excellent communication skills and ability to translate and work with multiple disciplines
- Ability to perform first level troubleshooting with End Users
- Ability to document problems reported by End Users
- Submit to required background check
- Able to meet requirements to obtain a security clearance
- Be self-motivated with ability to establish priorities and effectively manage time to complete multiple tasks within specified timeframes
- Be organized with a strong sense of urgency
- Adhere to established guidelines and procedures
- Demonstrate high standards of quality and accuracy
- Be in attendance and punctual as scheduled
- Proven technical leadership and communication skills
- Ability to act independently with minimal supervision in customer facility
- Ability to test, debug and fix issues with deployed enterprise software system
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Visual Studio and Team Foundation Server
- Familiarity with ASP.NET and C# application development
- Familiarity with cross platform solutions (Web, Mobile Frameworks)
- Familiarity with Army Training Management, Training Organizations, Doctrine and Strategy
- IAT Level II DoD 8570.01-M – Web Development CE; CompTIA Security+ Certification
- Ability to work closely with end user to identify, document and resolve system issues
- Possess clear and precise oral and written Business English communication skills
Preferred Software Skills
- Angular 2
- Ionic 2 Framework
- SQL Server
- Telerik/Kendo Controls
- Web Forms
- WebAPI/Restful Services
- HTML 5
- Microsoft Team Foundation Server(TFS)
- Visual Studio
- SQL Server
- Microsoft IIS
- Automated Testing
Benefits and Perks
What We Offer: nFocus Solutions offers a comprehensive benefits package including paid time off, paid holidays, medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account and life insurance, along with a 401k plan with company match, short-term and long-term disability coverage. Relocation expenses are not an offered benefit.
Mission and Diversity Statement
- Our Mission Statement — We build technology that gives our clients the power to solve big problems and make a positive difference in the world.
- nFocus Solutions Diversity Statement: At nFocus Solutions, we recognize and appreciate the value that comes from having employees with diverse backgrounds, points of view and life experiences. Respect for diversity is an integral part of our culture and a critical component in our strategy to deliver the best customer experiences.