Eastman is a global advanced materials and specialty additives company that produces a broad range of products found in items people use every day. With a portfolio of specialty businesses, Eastman works with customers to deliver innovative products and solutions while maintaining a commitment to safety and sustainability. Its market-driven approaches take advantage of world-class technology platforms and leading positions in attractive end-markets such as transportation, building and construction and consumables. Eastman focuses on creating consistent, superior value for all stakeholders. As a globally diverse company, Eastman serves customers in more than 100 countries and had 2016 revenues of approximately $9.0 billion. The company is headquartered in Kingsport, Tennessee, USA and employs approximately 14,000 people around the world. For more information, visit www.eastman.com.
AM-Interlayers Account Manager Job Description
Eastman (EMN) is a global specialty chemical company that produces a broad range of products found in items people use every day. With a portfolio of specialty businesses, Eastman works with customers to deliver innovative products and solutions while maintaining a commitment to safety and sustainability. As a globally diverse company, Eastman serves customers in approximately 100 countries and had 2014 revenues of approximately $9.5 billion. The company is headquartered in Kingsport, Tennessee, USA and employs approximately 15,000 people around the world. Visit us at www.eastman.com.
THIS ROLE CAN WORK OUT OF A HOME OFFICE
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage Saflex® sales at designated accounts / territory in the US and Canada to deliver on revenue, volume, and value add targets.
- Generate and develop sales leads within the sales territory to close new opportunities and achieve sales goals
- Cultivate a network of relationships across the value chain and within the customer organization beyond procurement (e.g., Operations, Technology, Senior Leadership, Marketing, etc.) to develop new business
- Use effective techniques to protect and close new business ensuring sales order values meet salesbudget targets
- Support the order fulfillment/supply chain process by working with supply chain demand management to deliver a Territory forecast for Saflex® sales that is accurate.
- Manage, strengthen, & develop customer relationships at key customer accounts by exceeding customer expectations with respect to customer service, technical service, and product knowledge.
- Utilize Salesforce to track projects in Opportunity Management and document all customer visits and key interactions with customers.
- Conduct negotiations for all key contract customers in the Territory to support Saflex® business segment objectives.
- Participate and support Market Development Teams, driving new business and growth for Saflex® in architectural and automotive market segments.
- Develop and build downstream (i.e. architects, curtain wall companies) awareness and promote / sell beyond our architectural transactional customers.
- Proactively approach safety, support corporate safety programs and maintain accountability for the safety of themselves and others.
- Develop Account Strategies for key local customers and support Global Key Account Strategies as required.
- Manage account receivables in compliance with expectations and through cooperation and partnership with the credit department.
- Maintain high level of product and market knowledge; demonstrate industry knowledge keeping abreast of competition, competitive issues and products.
- Attend and participate in sales meetings, business team meetings, product seminars and trade shows as required.
- Demonstrate ability to tailor and deliver compelling value propositions, to upsell and sell additional products/services into existing clients.
- Develop, align and execute territory / region sales / business plans with overall business strategy.
- Work primarily from a home office located within the Territory.
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree from accredited college / university.
- Minimum 5years’ experience in customer facing roles (i.e. customer service, technical services and/or sales)
- Technical Salesexperiencepreferred
- 50% travelrequired
PREFERRED SKILLS AND CAPABILITIES
- Ability to quickly identify, gain access to and develop strong relationships with key influencers and decision-makers both with customers and internally
- Excellent oral and written communication (clear, concise, cordial) and relationship building skills are critical
- Industry knowledge of performance attributes of a wide range of polymers, manufacturing processes, and secondary processes
- Comfortable giving presentations to small and large groups internally and especially externally with customers
- Excellent facilitation and leadership skills; the ability to manage projects for customers through teamwork with commercial, sales and other technical personnel
- Drives projects with good judgment and a sense of ownership and determination, both individually and within a team environment