Manages the Clinical Risk Management Program at Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta. Promotes sound clinical risk management principles and strategies in order to decrease the risk of harm or injury to patients, visitors, and/or employees. Develops and implements system-wide education for risk management issues, risk control approaches, and compliance with external accrediting agencies, standards, and state and federal regulations. Proactively supports and coaches staff and leads efforts that ensure delivery of safe patient care and services and a safe environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in Nursing
- Current Georgia registered professional nurse licensure or equivalent
- 5 years of experience in risk management or similar with 3 years specific to healthcare
- Experience in data management, statistics, process improvement methodology, and PC applications
- Education in Health Administration, Management, Business Administration, Risk Management, Insurance or related field
- Masters degree in related field
- 3 years of experience in risk management or similar in an acute care setting
- Experience in a pediatric tertiary health care system
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS & ABILITIES*
- Demonstrated ability in providing successful risk management leadership for self-directed work teams
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Adept at conflict resolution
- Demonstrated ability to develop, present, and implement detailed plans for new/on-going educational initiatives
- Demonstrated ability to work in partnership with key system leaders, employees, and medical staff
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to follow through and organize multiple projects and cases simultaneously
- Oversees effective management of the system-wide Clinical Risk Management Program.
- Conducts risk management assessment surveys and makes recommendations for improvement.
- Reviews and provides risk recommendations related to patient care policies, procedures, and forms.
- Reports all serious events and potential claims to Claims Coordinator, Director of Risk Management, and General Counsel.
- Manages serious event response by risk identification, control/mitigation, sequestering, investigation, and acting as a resource for physicians and staff.
- Manages disclosure process by facilitating a communication plan with physicians and appropriate administrative designee.
- Provides guidance with disclosure documentation.
- Provides systematic risk identification which may have the potential to result in injury, loss, or damage.
- Designs and implements proactive system-wide clinical risk management education programs.
- Provides guidance to patient representatives regarding patient/family complaints, action plans, response letters, and discussions on account reimbursement.
- Manages Risk Management operational reports (e.g., potentially compensable event (PCE) reports and telephone/pager tracking reports).
- Participates in national frequency and severity data collection.
- Expands knowledge of trends in Risk Management and implements new ideas into departmental policies.
- Manages budget.
Requisition #: 20334