Senior Applications Developer-37456
POSITION SUMMARYThe Senior Application Developer will play a key role in the planning activities and responsible and accountable for technology aspects of software development phases of a project while insuring that the final deliverable of a project meets the intended functionality needs of the analyzed business requirements. .This position participates in the requirements gathering phase of business needs and is responsible for the design and development phases of a project including overall project management. Familiarity with SharePoint integrated third-party tools is highly desired. This position will help translate functional and technical requirements into implementable code logic and help develop and support custom workflow solutions. In addition to development, this position will have responsibility for the creation, maintenance, and support for the K2 Workflow platform and its integration with SharePoint Environments. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Develop the effective solutions to complex business needs and demands.
- Plan and lead the execution of tasks associated with all phases of a software development and delivery services from envisioning solution from requirements gathering, analysis, design, development, testing and release phases.
- Ability to visualize and develop workflows leveraging 3rd party tools from K2.
- Ability to Develop Service Broker or other artifacts that allows integration with Line of Business systems
- Ensure platform stability, performance, and recoverability.
- Design and implement rich communication and collaboration solutions leveraging out-of-the-box, third-party tools, and custom developed solutions.
- Working familiarity with SharePoint, WCF and Web Services.
- Working in an Integrated Development Environment such as Visual Studio a plus.
- Perform rapid and joint app development and related troubleshooting.
- Perform and participate in requirements gathering and analysis which include: analytical data gathering techniques, current system documentation, and business modeling methods, business process, rules and logic.
- Ability to write store procedures and self-sufficiency with Microsoft SQL Server databases.
- Provide thought leadership on best practices, usability, and post release support for solutions ranging from small teams to cross-divisional, enterprise solutions
- In collaboration with business users, design and develop solutions through the definition of business processes and workflows, application navigation flow, user interfaces and reporting dashboard layouts, etc.
- Ability to manage projects and successfully engage in multiple initiatives simultaneously.
- Lend knowledge support to various business and technology teams as necessary during design, development and delivery to ensure solid, scalable, robust solutions.
- Assess the risks associated with each project’s solution design, share and discuss remedial actions with the team.
- Provide effective written and verbal communications for a diverse backgrounds and interested individuals.
- Facilitate 1st and 2nd level tier support.
- Work in a team environment and support or mentor team members as required
- Effectively manage multiple priorities.
- Perform additional job-related duties required or as requested by the supervisor.
- Familiarity with various development models / methodologies, related IT systems and processes and their direct implementation to serve projects.
- Programming knowledge and strong experience in software development specifically with SharePoint environments and architectures.
- Strong understanding of object oriented programming and experience with SharePoint Object Model.
- UX/UI experience is a plus.
- Working knowledge with and exposure to the entire K2 environment and integration with SharePoint is preferred.
- Experience with managing multiple projects.
- Anticipated exposure to installing, configuring and maintaining a multi-farm, multi-server SharePoint 2010/2013 and relevant expertise with supporting technologies including but not limited to LDAP/AD, SQL Server, IIS, DNS, networking, network load balancing, various authentication methodologies, backup and restore, and disaster recovery.
- Working experience with code repository concepts and systems such as TFS, etc.
- Must be self-driven and motivated with a focus on team performance.
- Experience with cross functional team management and facilitation.
- Bachelor of Science in Business/Computer Science or related field (preferred).
- 5+ years of hands-on experience with relevant technologies.
- 3 or more years of SharePoint Development experience.
- 2 or more years of business analysis experience.
- Knowledge of SharePoint Infrastructure and a proven track record of systems configuration, maintenance and ownership of environment/platform upgrades.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES (REQUIREMENTS)
· Computer Skills:
- Certificates & Licenses:
- Project Management certifications. PMP, OPM3, or similar is helpful.
- Exposure to SCRUM and Agility is beneficial
- Other Requirements:
- U.S. work authorization required.
Equal Opportunity Employer: EOE - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
:Hitachi High Technologies America, Inc.Virtual Office:Not AvailableWork Location Address:10 N. Martingale Road Suite 500 Schaumburg, IL 60173