POSITION OVERVIEW:The Sales Manager-Healthcare is responsible for meeting and exceeding all assigned account and geographic targets for sales volume and profit (EBITDA). This Sales Manager-Healthcare position specializes in the sale of temperature controlled packaging solutions to several key Healthcare market segments including Pharmaceutical/Biotech, Clinical Labs, Medical Diagnostics, Specialty Pharma, Veterinary Medicine, Pharmacy Benefit Managers (PBMs), and Science/Medical Distributors within the Western USA region, focusing on both regional and national accounts. The Regional Sales Manager-Healthcare will represent the company with excellence in accordance with its policies in their area of responsibility and at all levels with our customers. The Sales Manager-Healthcare reports to the Vice President of Sales-Healthcare for the LIFOAM business unit in the Process Solutions Division of Newell Brands.RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Meet/exceed all assigned revenue, sales volume and profit targets and objectives.
- Identify, cultivate and close sales opportunities for Lifoam’s temperature controlled packaging solutions in the Western U.S. Grow revenues at existing customers as well as new accounts.
- Develop strong business relationships with all buying team members, plus penetrate all levels of account departments (i.e. logistics, accounting, etc.) as appropriate.
- Manage project interface with Lifoam technical and salessupport resources to achieve timely product specification, configuration, testing and quotation.
- Provide weekly/monthly salesreporting for Lifoam sales pipeline management process.
- Provide management reports and analysis as special needs require.
- Establish relationships with Lifoam plant personnel as necessary to insure smooth flow of information on customer forecasts, orders, inventories, and complaint resolutions.
- Coordinate the resolution of quality and service issues to ensure complete and timely customer satisfaction.
- Attend industry events and trade shows as necessary to support lead generation process.
- Develop and submit business building proposals that increase revenue, sales volume and profit growth for both individual customers and the region as whole where opportunity exists.
- Develop and manage sales forecasts as directed by the manager.
- Maintain an acceptable level of sales costs through a territory coverage plan that is effective and efficient and ensures a proper level of quality and frequency of account coverage.
- Comply with all company policies, instructions, and directives for the fulfillment of company objectives and for maximum profitable sales
- Ensure correct invoicing at all accounts and follow up on past due payments as necessary.
- Maintain up-to-date customer record books and other records in accordance with company instructions
- Establishes and maintains effective work relationships within the department, the Corporation and the
- community; and maintains the professional competence, knowledge and skill necessary for the satisfactory performance of all assigned responsibilities.
- Any other duties as assigned.
Travel: Up to 50%
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Engineering, or related technical degree from a regionally accredited college or university required.
- Minimum of 10 years of salesexperience, including management of regional and/or national accounts, required.
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience selling packaging or other direct materials into the pharmaceutical, biotechnology, clinical trials, science distribution, veterinary medicine or specialty pharmacy segments, particularly those subject to FDA regulation required.
- Strong negotiating skills required.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, including presentation skills required.
- Demonstrated experience in sales management experience managing multiple product categories and customers required.
- Experience in trade spending management and strong proven fiscal responsibility required.
- Demonstrated knowledge of sales, trade, category management and broker management and methods as well as proven ability to apply them effectively in planning and execution required.
- Demonstrated experience using multiple information sources to develop sales strategies and tactics as well as effectively managing promotional activity and trade spending required.
- Sales planning and forecastingexperiencerequired.
- Minimum of intermediate level proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Publisher, and Project) required; advanced proficiency preferred.
- Experience selling technical solutions requiring coordination across multiple customer departments that influence the purchase decision highly preferred.
- Knowledge of thermodynamics preferred.
- Strong aptitude for effectively interpreting and using multiple information sources to develop customer-specific tactical plans and options preferred.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
Physical Requirements and Work Environment:
- Sitting at workstation approximately 85 percent of work time. Standing and walking approximately 15 percent of work time.
- Must be able to travel fifty percent (50%) of work time. Travel may take the form of plane, train, or automobile and may include overnight stays.
- Ability to work overtime or occasionally on weekends with short notice.
- Typical office environment with shelves overhead and above work surfaces.