Sr Engineer, Systems Architecture
The Systems Architecture Senior Engineer’s role is to develop and evolve the performance of the packet core network (MME, S/PGW and S/GGSN) and design strategy and implementation recommendations for the packet core network targeted to improve customer experience for T-Mobile’s LTE, UMTS and GSM services. Specific task include creation of performance standards and improvement guidelines by working with various cross functional teams and equipment vendors for new technology such as IoT, Network Virtualization and 5G. Technical documentation and presentation skills are required in order to translate complex ideas to a wide range of audiences.
Enterprise Core Competencies
Requires competency in customer focus, change & innovation, strategic thinking, relationship building & influencing, talent management, results focus and inspirational leadership.
STUFF WE'LLTRUSTYOU WITH
- Technical System Expertise: Work with equipment vendors to design and develop product feature definitions as per T-Mobile network requirements emphasizing on Network Performance Measurement and Improvement by leveraging the understanding of the system protocols and data flow working of packet core network.
- Technical Engineering Services: Define, analyze, and optimize Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and Network stats for the Packet Core Network including MME, SGW/PGW, SGSN/GGSN. Analyze the impact of new major SW release and HW upgrades for the Packet Core System through the Lab Validation and First Office Application Process. Analyze impact of Packet Core network on Mobile Data Applications performance such as Video Streaming, Applications Download and Upload, OTT Apps.
- Technical Strategy: Lead new Services and Technology introduction by identifying critical Network KPIs and assessing the impact to customers and the network.
- Innovation: Provide strategy guidelines and recommendations to improve the performance of Packet Core Network and lead network trials and investigations to validate these recommendations. Analyze network statistics and trends of the packet core network to determine areas of improvement both for customer experience and network efficiency such as operational improvement, capacity maximization and performance analysis consistency.
- Technical Leadership: Collaborate with cross functional teams to develop the specifications for Packet Core network emphasizing on Network Performance Measurement and Optimization. Coordinate and align regional and Tier2 investigation and troubleshooting of network issues, identified through network statistics and KPIs, and using network probes such as Tektronix IRIS.
- Technical Writing: Create clear documentation on performance guidelines for the packet core network. Able to document performance requirements and strategy. Develops and provides technical data for incorporation into internal presentations that can translate technical issues into business impact.
STUFFYOU TELLPEOPLEAT PARTIES
- 3+ years of relevant work experience with Master’s degree in Electronics Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Telecommunications or a related field or the foreign equivalent
- 5+ years of relevant work experience with Bachelor’s degree in Electronics Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Telecommunications or a related field or the foreign equivalent
- Experience in Packet Core Performance analysis focusing on KPI (Key Performance Indicator) and network traces
- Hands on experience with analysis and optimization of LTE network performance
- Experience with wireshark and netscout IRIS preferred
- Strong communication and organizational skills, able to communicate within various areas and functional groups of the company
- Focus: Able to communicate goals in support of the business' mission.
- Drive: Self-motivated and able to work well under pressure.
- Teamwork: Ability and desire to work cooperatively with others on a team. Develop, maintain, and strengthen partnerships that can provide information, assistance, and support.
- Communication: The ability to ensure that information is passed on to others who should be kept informed. Express self clearly in conversations and interactions with others. Clear business and technical writing skills.
- Customer Focus: The ability to demonstrate concern and meet external and/or internal customers’ needs
- Analytical: The ability to tackle a problem by using a logical, systematic, sequential approach.
- Technical Expertise: The ability to demonstrate depth of knowledge and skill in a technical area.
- Forward Thinking: The ability to anticipate the implications and consequences of situations and take appropriate action to be prepared for possible contingencies.
- Influencing Others: The ability to gain others' support for ideas, proposals, projects, and solutions.
- Bachelors Degree. Engineering, Computer Science
License or Certification
Must be able to communicate with others effectively through written communication methods. Must be able to communicate (talking, hearing, etc.) with others effectively through oral communication methods. This position requires working with a computer.
T-Mobile US, Inc. offers a full range of comprehensive benefits, including medical, dental, vision, as well as matching 401(k), generous paid time off programs, phone service discounts, tuition reimbursement, free parking - not to mention a fun and business casual work environment.
T-Mobile US, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer (EOE). We strongly support diversity in the workforce.