Here at Suburban Propane, we have been in the people business since 1928. Our business is Customer Satisfaction and delivering service you can trust! For our customers and our employees alike, we are committed to creating long-lasting relationships that meet the needs and exceed the expectations of all those involved.
Suburban Propane is seeking talented, dynamic and motivated outside sales professionals tojoin our team in the Tacoma - Seattle Market Area. Reporting directly to the Area Sales and Business Development Manager, in this position you will independently prospect, develop and nurture relationships with businesses and industry entities, coordinate with customer service and technical personnel to ensure customer satisfaction, negotiate and close new sales agreements to meet productivity and sales goals; while contributing to and implementing Company, Regional, National Account and local marketing plans to continually increase our customer base and gallon volumes.
- Within your assigned territory develop new sales leads by prospecting and pursuing targeted new business. Negotiate and close new sales agreements to increase customer base year over year. Follow up on sales leads. Call or visit potential customers, initiate mailings and other related activities. Negotiate and close sales contracts and service agreements. Improve close ratio year to year and meet required productivity/sales goals.
- Develop and leverage relationships with businesses and industry entities such as real estate companies, home builder associations and other trade organizations to cultivate new business prospects. Attend trade shows and other related events. Actively participate in industry organizations to continually build a professional network.
- Partner with Regional Management and National Accounts group to aggressively pursue Regional and National Accounts business opportunities.
- Champion a positive, professional image of Suburban Propane to create customer goodwill and foster referrals and repeat business.
- Follow up with new accounts to ensure customer satisfaction and fulfillment of the job.
- Coordinate with Estimators and Technicians to effectively service customer accounts. Assist with customer issue resolution including credit and collections calls.
- Assist in the development, design, communication and implementation of the marketing plan.
- May assist with employee sales training.
Education, Certifications, Specialized Training
- Business to Business sales experience (minimum of 5 years)
- Some college or equivalent in experience & education (Business related Bachelor’s Degree preferred).
- Excellent verbal communication skills including the ability to negotiate and convincingly persuade others
- Professional and articulate with an enthusiastic and positive attitude
- Industry knowledge preferred but not required.
- Basic understanding of oil and gas fired appliances and related distribution systems (training is provided).
- Excellent relationship building, prospecting, presentation and selling skills
- Ability to generate leads by any available means including, but not limited to networking, third party business partners and cold calls
Why Suburban? Suburban takes pride in serving our employees and does so byoffering competitive pay with incentive potential and a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, paid vacation, sick pay and 401k with immediate vesting based on eligibility requirements.