Responsible for leading a Controls team that supports management testing of controls, assessment of actuarial controls framework and works as an advisor to actuarial lines of business and Modernization to support, develop and evolve the control framework.
Leading a Controls Team to
- Perform management testing and walkthroughs of controls across Transamerica’s actuarial control framework
- Support/coordinate the update or development of actuarial control process maps and control matrices
- Support substantive comparison of assumption and other standing data used by actuarial models from period to period
- Engage in controls development and assessment consulting for actuarial models, actuarial processes and related reporting
- Coordinates reporting of management testing results with Operation Risk Management and other interested/engaged constituents
- Negotiate with various parties in determining the extent of control coverage
- Potential to periodically work with external vendors to supplement ongoing controls testing activities
- Engages in scoping and planning of team activities
- Works with line-of-business management on controls assessment, evolution and reporting
- Requires a graduate degree in mathematics, actuarial science, finance, business, or related field with at least 7 years’ relevant work experience OR Bachelor’s degree and FSA/CFA/Equivalent Designation plus 7 years’ relevant work experience OR Bachelor’s degree plus 10 years’ relevant work experience.
- An excellent understanding of investment and insurance products.
- FSA Designation
Behavioral and Leadership Competencies:
- Excellent understanding of investment and finance concepts, and be able to creatively apply them in solving analytical problems in the business setting
- Must possess excellent communication skills
At Transamerica we promote a Future Fit mindset. What is a Future Fit mindset?
- Acting as One fosters an environment of positive collaboration
- Accountability allows us to own the problem as well as the solution
- Agility inspires new ideas, innovation and challenges the status quo
- Customer Centricity encourages an above and beyond approach to our customer