Slalom is seeking a top-notch Events and Operations Manager for our Seattle Operations Team. We are looking for an individual with demonstrated professionalism, etiquette, adaptability, foresight, resourcefulness and a servant’s heart.
Demonstrated commitment to excellence, meticulous organization, attention to detail, creative problem solving, and big picture thinking. Candidate must excel at relationship building, be an effective communicator, and tech savvy. We value creativity, taking ownership, and getting things done.
A successful candidate thinks ahead, acts resourcefully, and represents the face of Slalom as they welcome employees, clients and guests. This person, with the support of senior leadership, drives the planning and execution of all internal events for the Seattle market.
- Events Management:
- Proactively creates impactful team events; ensures that we are positively engaging with our employees and furthering relationships
- Drives strategy, planning and execution for internal Slalom Events (i.e. Quarterly meetings, State of the Offices, Retreats, etc.). Duties include annual planning; overall event management; theme ideation; vendor sourcing, selection and coordination; venue/vendor negotiations; budgeting/forecasting; menu planning, on-site event setup; event communications; registration management, etc.
- Collaborates with the Event Team for support with event-related items such as name tags, event collateral, signage, errands, gifts, greeting guests, and otherevent needs
- Manages other general operations projects and tasks as needed
- Assists with other large scale internal company events as needed
- Works closely with leadership in the conceptualization and approval of events
- Educates others on and applies Slalom policies, procedures and best practices to local market events
- Serves as market liaison to Corporate Services for local market eventforecasting, eventdates and sharingother information on behalf of the Seattle market
- Delegates work to available event support staff as needed
- Represents the Slalom culture in a positive light, always working with a customer service attitude
- Manages day-to-day operations of the office
- Liaises with local business leaders, Slalom operations teams and Talent teams to be armed with up-to-date information for on-demand questions and requests
- Coordinates the ongoing facility management to create a clean, safe and contemporary workspace including office repairs, ordering furniture, etc.
- Partners with the Corporate Services Market Expansion & Facilities Team to build and maintain building, parking and othervendor relationships
- Communicates regularly with property management, internal employees and vendors regarding facility-related asks and issues
- Assist in planning and implementing culture programs in an effort to continue to be a best place to work
- Bachelor’s degree or higher, preferably in Business, Marketing, or Communications
- Minimum 5 years of event management and operations experience, preferably in a fast-paced environment
- Advanced skills and experience in PowerPoint, MS Word, Excel, and Outlook are required. Experience with Pardot, Illustrator, Photoshop and InDesign a plus
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written skills to effectively communicate with all levels of the company
- Effective negotiator
- Must be available to work some evenings and one to three weekends a year
- Reliable transportation
Job Number: JO-1709-1824