With over six decades of business and technical experience in the mining, energy, and infrastructure sectors, we understand that challenges are changing rapidly in every industry. We respond quickly with solutions that are smarter, more efficient, and innovative. We draw upon our 9,000 staff with experience in over 150 countries to challenge the status quo and create positive change for our clients, our employees, and the communities we serve.
Hatch is currently seeking to hire a Senior Project Manager to join our Highways Division. In this role, you will be based in our Mississauga office to manage our regional infrastructure and Ministry of Transportation Ontario (MTO) projects and, as needed, coordinate design-build and P3 projects. The successful candidate will also be responsible for managing relationships with existing clients, developing our team, and pursuing new opportunities to bolster our practice.
- Coordinates, organizes and controls the activities of all project staff;
- Establishes and maintains communications with MTO to ensure delivery of project requirements as per contractual agreements;
- Provide guidance of technical staff, client liaison, and technical reviews, preparation of project specifications and technical reports and solving complex engineering problems;
- Assists in negotiating extra work and makes minor design changes;
- Reviews contract design package to ensure calculations agree with contract;
- Prepare project constructionreport;
- Foster a spirit of enthusiasm and client focus;
- Mentor staff and project teams.
- A University degree in a relevant discipline (e.g. Civil Engineering, Construction Project Management, etc.), or the equivalent, combined with solid project management experience;
- 10+ years’ experience with sound knowledge of current engineering and construction principles, methods and practices combined with a thorough knowledge of project management principles and practices;
- Experience directly related to MTO projects, bring relevant experience to meet MTO RAQS qualifications would be a strong asset;
- Registration as a Professional Engineer in the Province of Ontario, or possession of a similar professional accreditation in Ontario is required. PMP certification is an asset;
- Working relationship with the MTO is strongly desired;
- Demonstrated experience with design, contract administration, and staff management;
- Strong oral and written communication skills are essential;
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office;
- Able to multi-task and meet various project deadlines.