What you’ll be doing...
The primary area of responsibility in this position is to guide the planning, creation, and execution of automated test processes that include functional testing, regression testing, and other industry-standard quality assurance methods. Implementing automation and knowing when to use automation is a key factor to success in this role.
This position requires an experienced Software Quality Engineer to assess the implementation of software development by developing accompanying test processes and procedures. The ideal candidate must be experienced with designing, writing, and executing automated tests using test frameworks and tools. The ideal candidate must also have experience with defect identification, triage, tracking, and resolution of defects. The ability to communicate effectively within and across teams is essential.
In addition to writing, designing, and automating test processes and procedures to ensure a high-quality product and experience, this role requires a passionate individual who is detailed oriented.
- Create detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans and test cases
- Estimate, prioritize, plan and coordinate testing activities
- Design, develop and execute automation scripts
- Identify, record, document thoroughly and track bugs
- Perform thorough regression testing when bugs are resolved
- Stay up-to-date with new testing tools and test strategies
- Assist in creating quality best practices across the organization
What we’re looking for...
Youll need to have
- BS/Masters in Engineering, Computer Science, or related field or equivalent workexperience
- 2+ years professional experience in testing
- 2+ years of testing automation experience
Even better if you have
- In-depth knowledge of professional software engineering practices for the full Software Development Life Cycle, including all phases of testing throughout the cycle, with an emphasis toward automation.
- Experience with leading the planning, creation and execution of automated tests using test automation tools including, but not limited to Fitnesse, JUnit, SoapUI or other industry-standard test frameworks, while understanding the concepts behind and when, where, and why to introduce automation. Proficiency with test automation tools is expected.
- Ability to develop, create, modify, and execute automated test cases based upon defined acceptance criteria, business logic, and other business requirements
- Ability to track test progress and results in test management tools, in order to establish trends and metrics that can be used to track and assess overall quality across teams and product lines.
- Familiarity with Web services, Web applications, and applications that operate in a cloud environment (such as AWS)
- Experience working in an Agile environment (preferably using Scrum or Kanban methods) is preferred
- High energy with a positive attitude
- Eager and willingness to learn, open to trying new technologies or creative solutions
- Strong problem solving and analytical analysis skills
- Operate with high integrity and respect
- Enjoys contributing in a collaborative environment