Merchant Engagement Lead: All payments innovation requires adoption by merchants.
- Must understand and be able to shape payment innovations to fit merchant goals and limitations around process and technology.
- Must have deep understanding of retail business practices, including payments acceptance, store operations, digital marketing strategy, social media management, competitive landscape, corporate structure and ownership.
- Must be able to clearly define and articulate value proposition of innovation in payments and digital resources, including construction of marketing and digital assets to support sales pitches and relationship building.
- Must be able to build large network of people in retail organizations, not specific to financial positions. Must be able to network with CFO organization as well as Marketing, Loyalty, CRM, Technology leadership and others at bodies managing retail brands.
- Must be able to partner with internal teams who seek audiences with the same merchants. Must be able to coordinate sales and outreach among Corporate/Commercial Banking activities, Consumer Bankingpartnerships, co-branded marketing opportunities, and other teams within Bank of America.
- Must have deep understanding around core payment systems (Cash, Checks, ACH, Card, Wires) and emerging technologies that are redefining customer use, adoption, and opportunity (e.g. IoT, blockchain, fraud/authentication methods, networks, etc).
- 10 years’ experience in a payments organization.
- Strong partnering skills
Bank of America will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with San Francisco ordinance 17-14 and federal law applicable to Bank of America.
Job number: 17071167