The objective of the Service Delivery Manager (SDM) is to enable the support and delivery of Microsoft related projects, and Managed Services for enterprise customers across Canada and the US. This position will support multiple Datavail customers with a focus on customer satisfaction as well as account growth and retention. The SDM ensures that all deliverables are met, and that a high level of customer satisfaction is achieved. The SDM must be capable of anticipating customer needs, fostering strong customer relationships, and delivering solutions that ensure consistent reliable service performance. The SDM will be responsible for all business relationship management activities and must act in a leadership role within the delivery team. The SDM will help support the setting of long term support plans for customers and will look for growth opportunities within the account while following the ITIL service management framework. Key Responsibilities:
- Function as primary post-sale point of contact for Datavail customers.
- Manage the commercial and operational aspects of Datavail’s relationship with assigned clients.
- Organize and lead company and customer activities to achieve new client on-boarding.
- Identify and pursue opportunities to expand service revenue within assigned accounts.
- Identify all issues, milestones and status while performing the role of p
- Lead customer meetings regarding service delivery and work scheduling.
- Monitor service performance, identify issues and work with all levels of client personnel to drive issue resolution.
- Implement processes, procedures and other mechanisms to assure service performance.
- Conduct regular service performance reviews.
- Manage service scope and coordinate change orders.
- Ensure that effective communication and problem management occurs between all service support team members.
- Ensure all internal stakeholders have clear visibility into the status of all projects and timely information needed to execute on their plans.
- Ensuring all internal stakeholders are effectively collaborating to produce expected results.
- Provide analysis of key metrics and recommend improvements.
- Act as the customer’s advocate.
- Bachelors degree in business or technical discipline.
- Certified Project Management Professional (PMP) or equivalent PM experience preferred.
Skills and Experience:
- 10 years experience in Information Technology or related field
- 10 years experience in account management, customer service or service management, preferably with an IT managed service our outsourcing provider.
- Experience in project management and business operation with exposure to business process and information flow. Six Sigma and ITIL experience a plus.
- Experience with complex inter-related projects in matrix-managed environments.
- Knowledge of IT industry practices and standards.
The successful candidate will possess the following attributes:
- Interpersonal skills - ability to build strong relationships with customers and internal team members and to work across the organization to achieve results.
- Professional communication skills - Ability to work effectively with mid and senior level customer contacts face to face, electronically and over the phone.
- Integrity – words and actions are always consistent and behavior is always in accordance with highest ethical standards.
- Customer focus – responsive, service oriented and attuned to customer needs.
- Technical acumen – ability to grasp technical concepts and establish credibility with technical contacts.
- Process orientation – ability to recognize process deficiencies and implement improvements.