We believe everyone should be able to participate and thrive in the economy. So we’re building tools that make commerce easier and more accessible to all. We started with a little white credit card reader but haven’t stopped there. Our new reader helps our sellers accept chip cards and NFC payments, and our Cash app lets people pay each other back instantly. We’re empowering the independent electrician to send invoices, setting up the favorite food truck with a delivery option, helping the ice cream shop pay its employees, and giving the burgeoning coffee chain capital for a second, third, and fourth location. Let’s shorten the distance between having an idea and making a living from it. And make it easier for customers to shop and pay at their favorite businesses. We’re here to help sellers of all sizes start, run, and grow their business—and helping them grow their business is good business for everyone.
Our HR Business Partners support specific functions, working closely with management and employees on people-related issues: talent management, employee relations, coaching/development, compensation, conflict management, organizational development and more. HR Business Partners are instrumental in initiating and driving HR programs/initiatives within specific functions and across the organization, with considerable focus on scaling for growth and culture retention.
We are looking for a HR Business Partner to drive people and business initiatives across Square. The ideal candidate is one who is interested in making a significant impact in one of the most valued and visible groups in the company and excels in a fast-pace, high engagement environment with extraordinary desire to innovate. You will be on the front line working closely with executives and directors to be able to provide hands-on and strategic input, insight, and advice with respect to employee relations, coaching/development, compensation, conflict management, organizational development, training and more. You’re comfortable speaking up and driving initiatives forward despite any unexpected roadblocks.
- Partner with senior leadership, executives and directors to develop and implement effective HR policies and practices that will support the strategic growth of the business
- Offer thought leadership regarding organizational and people related strategy and execution
- Provide timely information and/or education for all levels of the organization on HR issues
- Educate, coach and partner with managers on performance management and employee development goals
- Provide HR expertise in the areas of feedback, employee relations, development and coaching, compensation and organizational development
- Participate in the continual execution and measurement of HR programs, such as recruiting, retention, compensation, benefits, and L&D
- Collaborate with People & Programs teams to champion and accelerate a culture of excellence in which people feel engaged and inspired to deliver top business results
- Develop people strategies and design approaches for diagnosing and enhancing organizational effectiveness and employee satisfaction
- Analyze and interpret various types of employee reports e.g. compensation, job levels, and attrition to guide decision making and provide proactive solutions to your client group
- Partner with People Programs to support programs in areas of learning, development, career mobility and job performance
- Educate team members on compensation practices including compensation, performance feedback, performance calibration and career transitions
- BA/BS degree in related field, with a minimum 8-10 years of experience in Human Resources generalist/business partner capacity
- A deep knowledge of People (HR) programs and practices, including applicable state and federal employment laws and regulations
- Demonstrated analytical thinking, problem solving and decision making skills
- Ability to listen and understand the needs of the employees, together with those of the company
- Successful experience as an HR leader in a 1,000+ employee company and scaled to 3000+
- Ability to stylistically adapt communication based on audience
- Exposure or direct alignment to engineering, product, business and G&A client groups
At Square, we value diversity and always treat all employees and job applicants based on merit, qualifications, competence, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.