Acts as a Clinical Education generalist or may be assigned to a specific unit(s)/department. Works in collaboration with other clinical educators and clinical nurse specialists within the network and across the system to develop, coordinate and implement nursing, nursing support and inter-professional orientation, in-service education and staff development programs to promote safe and effective patient-centered care. Serves as a leader and role model in advancing clinical practice to achieve better patient outcomes. Strives for evidence-based and standardized nursing practice.
- Acts as a resource to all caregivers regarding nursing practice and use of equipment/ supplies in area of expertise.
- Assists in the design and implementation of nursing education programs, activities or new process/equipment using PeaceHealth training standards, processes, templates and course documentation forms.
- Participates on teams and partners on development of standardized cross-regional clinical, nursing or quality guidelines, protocols or training curriculum in area of expertise.
- Coordinates and provides department-specific orientation for newly hired nursing and clinical staff.
- Conducts learning needs assessment, facilitates practice and process changes in assigned area of expertise.
- Evaluates competency and identifies team or individual caregiver performance gaps.
- Designs learning experiences and action plans to assist those unable to meet competency.
- Researches best practice in order to promote evidence-based nursing practice.
- Maintains professional knowledge of clinical focus area, current research, and effective educational strategies.
- Assesses caregiver satisfaction, patient quality indicators and evaluates education effectiveness.
- Assures training and competency are documented using standard tools and systems.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS Required unless otherwise stated:
- Graduate of an accredited State Board of Nursing approved program
- Bachelor’s degree in Nursing; MSN or M.Ed. preferred.
- Nursing specialty certification preferred.
- Minimum of three years of experience as a RN.
- Minimum of two years recent experience in an education or in an equivalent Preceptor role setting to varied audiences.
- Current Registered Nurse licensure in the state of practice required.
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification required at date of hire.
- Basic Life Support Instructor (BLSI) required within two (2) years of date of hire.
- Certification in Nursing Professional Development within 5 years in clinical nurse educator role.
- Demonstrated ability to design and implement instructional modules and use a variety of educational methods.
- Proficient in the use of MS Office applications and a variety of equipment or technology tools.
- Ability to engage learners and apply adult learning techniques.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
ST JOSEPH PHYSICAL/COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS:
- Work requires moderate physical exertion from 34 to 65% of the time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 50 lbs. or less.
- Work requires frequent exposure to minor cold, heat, poor ventilation or sharp instruments such as syringes or lancets; reasonably anticipated exposure to blood and body fluids once per month or more Duties require the ability to concentrate and pay close attention to detail (more than 65% of work time).
Req ID: 152310