Nomis is looking for a phenomenal Senior Engineer to join our best-in-class Engineering team and help take it to the next level.
Successful candidates are passionate, inquisitive, pragmatic, team-oriented, collaborative, detail-oriented, and thorough. You will work closely with cross-functional team members across the product management, engineering, QA, services delivery, customer support, analytics, and devops teams - so good interpersonal skills are a must!
This is a hands-on, technical role where you will be responsible for designing, building, documenting, and improving the services and functionality of the product. You will follow an agile development process to take functional and non-functional requirements through sprint cycles to deployed code and product releases. Your contributions will directly impact our customers and will change the way banks use pricing data, interact with their customers, influence and streamline the sales process, understand customer behavior insights, and incorporate predictive analytics.
Who We Are
Our top-notch people, proven technology stack, and innovative analytics are tackling challenges at banks every day. We deliver mission critical customer, pricing, and product mix insights that benefit banks and their customers. In over 75 implementations, Nomis customers are on track to optimize $1 trillion in banking transactions and generate $1 billion in incremental profits.
What We Build
We develop a user-configurable, cloud-based price management and interest rate service software platform for retail banks. The interest rate service enables banks to deliver real-time interest rate quotes to any calling service, via a highly-performant API and underlying web services. The price management functionality allows bank users to configure pricing rules and conversions schemes to support integration with other bank systems.
- Work successfully with the Product Management team and Engineering team to take requirements through an agile development process to updated releases of the application.
- Lead application development activities to implement and evolve the architecture, services, internal and external APIs, Single Page Application user interfaces, and configuration tools within our Price Management Platform
- Write reusable, testable, and efficient code and implement secure coding best practices
- Support other team members in working with the application and services, including authoring usable documentation, test frameworks, build and deployment management infrastructure
- Work successfully with cross-functional team members to deliver incremental features to our customers while evolving the services and platform over time
- Provide input and guidance to the Product Team to balance the art of what is possible, while setting pragmatic and realistic expectations
- Contribute to software engineering best practices, knowledge sharing, tools and technology evolution, and standards development
- Healthy team and relationship-building skills
- Hands-on experience building and deploying web applications in the cloud, with a strong preference for experience with the design and creation of a configuration-driven platform that can support multiple distinct customer implementations from a unified code-base.
- Experience with HTML, CSS, LESS.
- Experience with Node.js, Express.js, Koa.js .
- Experience with relational and NoSQL databases like MongoDB.
- Experience with SPA frameworks like AngularJS, Ember.js or Vue.js.
- Experience with the demands and expectations of enterprise software customers would be a plus.
- Possess a solid debugging process and exhibit technical intuition.
Qualification and Competencies
- BS in Computer Science or Equivalent
- Excellent communicator, comfortable sharing knowledge and mentoring technical talent through design sessions, code reviews, presentation and documentation
- Proactive, innovative and an innate desire to always leave things better than when you found them
- A focus on quality and automation must be in your DNA
- You thrive in high-growth, fast-paced environments and are comfortable wearing multiple hats given the situation (this doesn’t mean multi-tasking!)