This position reports to the Risk Manager with dotted line responsibility to the LCEC management team. The responsibilities of this position are the development, implementation and oversight of various environmental; industrial health; personal wellness; safety; and risk management programs; Maintains compliance with all appropriate health and safety regulations. Designs and directs an effective safety program to reduce accidents, occupational illnesses, and exposure to long-term health hazards through safety-training, job safety analysis, rules and practices and protective equipment.
• Interpret Federal, State, local and internal EHS rules and regulations and develop/revise, implement and monitor compliance programs.
• Maintain various EHS databases and develop and distribute statistical analysis.
• Identify needs and coordinate EHS compliance and educational training to employees.
• Coordinate and/or conduct safety audits, hazard analysis and root cause investigations and effect counter-measures.
• Coordinate environmental programs as directed by the Risk Manager.
• Coordinate, develop, and/or deliver Occupational Health & Safety Programs and necessary training.
• Provide emergency response to incidents or potential hazards.
• Coordinate safety recognition programs.
• Assist in the resolution of claims by and against the company.
• Complete various administrative functions including records management; scheduling; material acquisition and distribution; payment processing; records updating; etc.
• Maintain effective working relationships with employees and customers at all levels within LCEC. Ensure smooth operations, productive communications, and effective understanding during all interpersonal contacts. Provide current and accurate information to all requesters, courteously and in a timely manner.
Requirements Required Qualifications:
• BS Degree in Safety Management or other related discipline, or recognized Safety Professional designation, or 5+ years of Safety Management experience.
• Possesses Certificate of Qualification for Forklift Operator and Trainer
• Possesses Certificate of Qualification for Maintenance of Traffic Intermediate Level
• Recognized Safety Professional Designation
• 5+ years of experience interpreting OSHA requirements
• 5+ years experience of interpreting OSHA regulations.
• Experience in the electric utility industry.
• Proven ability to multitask under stringent timelines.
• Experience developing and managing an operating expense budget.
• Ability to read, write and speak Spanish.
• Master’s degree in related field.
Physical Demands and Work Environment: The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Upon request, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Able to operate a vehicle and travel throughout LCEC service territory.
• Available for call 24 hours a day.
• Able to lift and carry moderate weight up to 50 pounds.
• Able to stand and walk for extended periods up to 4 hours in adverse weather conditions and on uneven terrain.
• Able to sit and work at a desk for extended periods up to 8 hours with periodic breaks.
• Be readily available to work long hours and numerous days with few breaks during storm or emergency restoration.
Requisition Number 17-0026