Less than 5 years experience • Consumer Goods / Miscellaneous
Our client is seeking a successful marketing professional to join their national team, located in the Upper Midwest, to work in the capacity of Brand Manager. The chosen candidate will be responsible for the development and execution of New Product Strategy for one of their brands as well as leading their marketing strategy within the club channel. S/He will work directly with cross functional team members to develop and commercialize new products, refine our new product pipeline and process, create new product strategies and brands, as well as develop launch campaigns and support plans. The ideal candidate will possess excellent project management skills coupled with the ability to inspire, create and translate strategy to multiple levels of the organization. You must be comfortable with ambiguity, possess a strong a sense of urgency, as well as possess the creativity and strategic insight to develop and lead new paths of growth.
* Lead new product development teams – create, refine and commercialize new products.
* Manage new product development strategic road map for future development
* Identify new product and commercial opportunities to drive revenue, margin and profit growth.
* Assess competitive threats and determine best courses of action to mitigate potential risks.
* Lead cross-functional, multi-market teams to deliver projects efficiently and effectively.
* Assess and prioritize business initiatives in an environment of rapid change.
* React quickly to market opportunities, sometimes with limited information.
* Partner and collaborate w/cross functional counterparts to execute commercialization plans flawlessly
* Partner and collaborate w/internal resources and third parties/vendors
* Lead project meetings with cross-functional Core Team members
* Establish communication schedule to update stakeholders
Best Industry – Consumer Product Goods
Best Department – Marketing, Brand Management
Bachelor's degree in Marketing or a related discipline is required. MBA highly preferred, but not required.
2 - 5 years of marketing experience in the Consumer Packaged Goods industry is required.
2 years of experience leading new product development teams is strongly preferred.
Project Leadership experience between a cross-functional team
Excellent project management skills and experience is preferred.
Excellent marketing and insights skills and experience is required.
Strong analytical decision-making, influence and communication skills
Experience building strong relationships and working with a range of levels in an organization
Action oriented with the ability to think and respond quickly to change
Ability to perform job functions as both an individual contributor and a team member is required.
Demonstrate leadership, problem solving, presentation, and employee motivational skills
Ability to work independently and cross-functionally to lead programs, analyze data and drive results in a dynamic and rapidly evolving environment
Strong communications skills (i.e. Verbal, written, interpersonal and presentation) are required.
Experience using MS Office (i.e. MS Word, Expert MS Excel, MS PowerPoint and MS Outlook) skills are required.
US Citizens or Green Card holders only apply. No H1b visa sponsorship will be offered with this position.