Responsible for supporting the technical and systems needs of a business unit. Has an understanding of the business of the unit and the systems technology that supports it. May be responsible for network/LAN administration, the analysis, installation, and maintenance of software/hardware, and/or training users on equipment, software, and LAN operations. Typically handles direct programming support, performs documentation of systems and provides link between users and information systems department.
- Defines and performs complex analytical systems development tasks and develops software database applications
- Has a thorough knowledge of the business unit, its objectives, and all applications used
- May be responsible for analysis and purchase of hardware and software in conjunction with long term strategic issues
- May advise or oversee less experienced analysts
- Typically has 3-5years of related technical and business unit experience