The Director, DTC Marketing is a consumer-centric marketer, focused on leading Timberland’s efforts in driving awareness, and traffic to Timberland stores and ecommerce. This individual will utilize a mix of data and innovation to build and execute powerful programs across all communication channels ranging from digital and search to CRM, direct mail, windows, and within stores. The Director, DTC Marketing is a digital-thinker, proven leader, strong communicator, team player, and boot-lover.
- Provide vision and strategy for the DTC marketing team in support of Timberland’s 5 year strategic plan.
- Create traffic and demand-generating marketing programs through collaboration with DTC business owners, merchandising, planning, operations, media, and analytics teams.
- Manage the annual marketingbudget and communication plans in support of Timberland’s owned stores and ecommerce.
- Design and implement marketing programs to support our key seasonal products. Partner with store operations and visual teams to bring strong storytelling and consumer-centric marketing programs to Timberland stores, with an emphasis on experiential retail.
- Build a best in class digitalmarketing team with holistic, innovative campaigns across CRM, search, retargeting, email, and mobile. Partner with analytics manager to optimize toward driving traffic and conversion. Create new models to measure impact and effectiveness of programs.
- Create innovative customer acquisition programs through local and national partnerships, digital programs, events.
- Conduct Timberland store, and market visits.
- Analyze, understanding, and react to changing marketplace and media consumption habits.
- Develop partnerships with fellow leaders within VF brands, Global Brand, Regional partners, VF Digital Lab, and external partners.
- Provide support and development for DTC marketing team.
- 9+ years of related professional experience
- Retail/Wholesale experiencerequired and Footwear experience a plus
- Bachelor’s Degree or Higher
- Strong leadership and consensus building skills
- Marketing management and strategic planning experience
- Data driven decision making
- Proven digitalmarketing and CRM experience a multi channel brand
- A proven track record in developing and administering a marketing program
- Must be a self-starter, highly organized, and able to work well with people at all levels in the organization
- Polished presentation and interpersonal skills