Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Pre-Development Research, Analysis and Financing:
- Evaluate potential new development sites for zoning, market and financial feasibility.
- Conduct detailed market surveys and perform quantitative and qualitative analysis of the competitive landscape.
- Underwrite the value of potential real estate development projects by developing and applying complex quantitative analytical models associated with development projects under consideration.
- Participate in conducting and managing the due diligence process on targeted development projects.
- Collect and integrate project data, including constructioncash flow requirements, operating income and expense projections and financing assumptions for project proformas.
- Compose written and graphical summaries and memorandums regarding potential development projects for internal and external presentation
- Review and report on an on-going basis financial status of pre-development projects.
Development Project Management:
- Interface and negotiate with governmental jurisdictions on entitlement and zoning matters.
- Coordination of designers, contractors and marketing consultants for project related work.
- Assist in the review and negotiation of contracts (purchase and sale, loan documents, partnership agreements, leases, easements, etc.).
- Daily interface with designers, general contractors, architects, attorneys and any other project consultants, etc.
- Coordinate third party service provider contracts and marketing agreements.
- Manage monthly draw process.
- Track job cost against budget and report to management on projected savings or overruns.
- 5 years professional work experience; Candidate will ideally have a background in construction management, real estate investment & finance, development, or architecture.
- Bachelor’s degree with strong academic performance.
- Working knowledge of the construction management process; demonstrated ability to interface with the general contractor and project design team; experienceresponding to owner-related construction inquiries and job progress reporting.
- Knowledge of key financial concepts and metrics as they relate to the real estate industry, including capitalization rates, internal rates of return, cash-on-cash returns, etc.
- Understanding economic indicators as they relate to valuing commercial real estate.
- Working knowledge of engineering and architectural plans.
- Working knowledge of contractlaw, zoninglaw, and construction management.