The Senior Flight Reliability Engineer’s primary responsibility is to review and certify the vehicle’s test and flight readiness, maintain safe a reliable practices during operations, and bridge operational and design challenges between test and launch.
- Perform the duties of Launch/Test Chief Engineer by monitoring and assessing test or production anomalies for risk, and work withengineering to resolve issues leading up to test and launch. Review acceptance and qualification process and status of systems. Review and analyze critical component, stage and system tests.
- Participate in Test Readiness activities including organizing data reviews, readiness reviews, and final verifications before major vehicle operations.
- Assess changes to the vehicle and ground configuration and design modifications for cross-system impacts, including across launch and test sites.
- Apply technical knowledge of SpaceX hardware and that gained from previous experience to influence safe vehicle and ground system operations, as well as long term design changes to increase system reliability, simplicity and commonality of operations across sites.
- Interact with the engineering, production, test and launch teams from the planning stage all the way to launch for the purpose of reviewing the vehicle configuration and status.
- Support test and launch operations- coordinate anomaly resolution when there is a need, and drive follow-up actions to avoid further mishaps.
- Perform independent technical review and verification of flight hardware and/or software system functionality and reliability.
- Perform post-test data analysis and review, and verify stages and engines have met all requirements of an acceptance test – i.e. will be tested equivalent to or beyond conditions expected in flight.
- Acquire knowledge and master various SpaceX vehicle systems (hardware and analysis) to help perform these functions.
- Work directly with design teams to develop new reliable hardware and software for operation of launch vehicles, spacecraft and ground systems from an operational perspective.
- Bachelor of science degree in engineering.
- Minimum of 5years’ experience in a design and test or operations role.