Business Development Manager
Less than 5 years experience • Restaurants & Food Services
As part of the application process, you are required to create a candidate account to log back in and view your application(s). Check your email regularly for information regarding our employment process.
It is the primary responsibility of the Business Development Manager to identify new clients, cultivate relationships, screen and secure business opportunities for the MGM Resorts International events production teams. All duties are to be performed in accordance with departmental and MGM Resorts policies, practices and procedures.
- Manage incoming leads for prospective business and assign qualified teams to immediately establish relationships with clients.
- Develop sales opportunities with strategic internal and external partners to grow event revenue opportunities.
- Liaise with existing clients to ensure repeat business.
- Prospect clients, conduct sales calls, and provide introductory sales material to drive revenue.
- Develop and sustain relationships with clients, property Catering, AV, Convention Sales and Services and Global Sales departments. Maximize use of Jive.
- Participate in studio tours, client site inspections, FAM trips and sales fly-around trips to 3rd party incentive houses to promote MREP business.
- Maintain a global understanding of property meeting space, outlet, and venue capabilities for event opportunities.
- Stay current in design trends, entertainment, production, vendor products, and new industry technologies
- Responsible for ensuring databases are updated with status and client follow-up is timely.
- Manage and communicate project status and accurately complete all required paperwork.
- Actively participate in internal and client planning meetings.
- Cultivate a creative and collaborative environment to inspire and build cohesive teams.
- Be an active MREP ambassador for the company and within the events and production industry.
- Perform other job related duties as requested.
- Bachelor’s degree in design, fine art, theatrical or related industry experience; or equivalent education and experience.
- At least 3 years in the event or production industry; which includes at least 2 years in sales.
- At least 2 years supervisory experience.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Have interpersonal skills to deal effectively with all business contacts.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- Work varied shifts, including weekends and holidays.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Proficient knowledge of computers, Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Able to effectively communicate in English, in both oral and written forms.
- Experience with large groups, DMCs or Incentive Sales organizations.
- Background in entertainment management or technical production.
- Industry certification (e.g. CMP, CSEP, DMCP).
- Proficient in Power Point or Keynote, and hotel programs, i.e. Delphi, Meeting Matrix or Social Tables.
- Previous experience working in a similar setting.