Product Development Software Manager (FIRMS)
5 - 7 years experience • Information Services
Fulcrum is looking for a congenial and experienced Product Development SoftwareManager to lead the development of a software project for a cybersecurity product. The ideal candidatewould have a wide variety of software development, product release, and cybersecurity expertise, as well as the abilityto work directly with partners and potential customers to market the product.
Product and ProjectPlanning
- Release planning including development of theproduct vision, goals, portfolio, roadmap, and release plan.
- Resource planning including developingestimates, budget, and financial planning for the development and release ofthe product.
- Risk and issue management including risk &issue tracking, mitigation, and action planning.
- Performance reporting of the products progress usingformal metrics, measurement& analysis techniques.
- Partners and communicate regularly with teams toensure companywide success.
- Establish strong, long-term customerrelationships.
- Foster a diverse workplace that enables allparticipants to contribute to their full potential in pursuit of organizationalobjectives.
- Actively participate in calls, meetings, andpresentations with partners and clients.
- Manage projects to completion on schedule andwithin budget.
- Other duties may be assigned, as necessary.
- Manage the entire Software Development LifeCycle (SDLC) for the product, focusing on the on-time delivery of high quality,reliable, and usable systems in an Agile development environment.
- Gather, validate and implement requirements orideas from Product, Product Strategy, Customer support and Sales teams to makeyour strategies and programs successful.
- Oversee system architecture and design makingcertain to apply the goals of the product along with best practices andindustry standards.
- Oversee and assist with the development,debugging, and testing of software enhancements and/or new products.
- Oversee and assist with the creation of designdocuments, conducting of design and code reviews, development of unit tests, correctionof defects, and system maintenance.
Marketing and Sales
- Collaborate with partner channel(s) to identifyand engage potential product customers.
- Collect, track, and review customer data toidentify market expansion and growth opportunities.
- Develop product branding, collateral, andmessaging.
- Achieve assigned targets for sales volume andstrategic objectives via partner channel
- Manage and direct any alpha or beta testing ofpre-release software
- Manage product support in coordination withchannel partners.
Own and implement escalation processes to ensure problemsidentified by customers are managed to customer satisfaction.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree
- Experience: 5+ years of experience as a software productmanager.
o 2+ yearsof product marketing experience in a field facing role required.
- Computers: In depth knowledge of Microsofttesting tools, specifically Microsoft Team Foundation Server and Microsoft TestManager; In depth knowledge of QC/QA/PPQA processes and artifacts based on fullunderstanding of SDLC
- Clearance: Ability to Obtain a Public Trust
- USPassport: Not required
- Language: Must speak fluent English
Knowledge,Skills, & Abilities:
- Successful experience and expertise developingand implementing high-level product strategies.
- Experience in developing, launching, andmaintaining software products or services.
- Experience and expertise as a product SubjectMatter Expert (SME).
- Exceptional communication and interpersonalskills with the ability to listen effectively, socialize ideas, and articulatethe vision of the company, both internally and externally in a compellingmanner.
- Excellent analytic problem-solving andcritical-thinking skills with a pragmatic approach to process improvement.
- Understanding of product design and UserCentered Design processes and fundamentals.
- Intelligent quick learner with an analyticalorientation, strategic vision, consensus building skills, and consultativestyle.
- Passionate about product design and development:discovering new solutions to problems and making them available to customers.
- Strong business judgment and the ability tocommunicate a vision and strategy with a relentless focus on the customer’sneeds.
- Entrepreneurial orientation and abilities tosuccessfully deliver product vision and goals.
- Independent time management, taskprioritization, flexibility, and keen ability to identify problems andproactively work towards solutions.
- Ability to innovate, initiate, and driveprojects to completion with minimal guidance.
- Ability to see "the big picture" anddig into the details at a granular level, both from a business and technicalprospective.
Desired orPreferred Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Knowledge of Cybersecurity concepts.
- Experience working with the Federal Government.
- Prior position as a product launch manager orequivalent.
PhysicalDemands - The physicaldemands described here are representative of those that may need to be met byan employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilitiesto perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of thisJob, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employeeis frequently required to walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reachwith hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; climb orbalance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally liftand/or move up to 20 pounds.
Fulcrum is an information technology (IT) company based inCentreville, Virginia, that provides IT solutions and services for federal,state, local, and commercial customers. Fulcrum specializes in the areas of TechnologyServices, Cyber Security, Intelligence, Analysis & Operations, MissionsSystems, Health Care and Human Capital.
Fulcrum is an equal opportunity employer and givesconsideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard torace, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteranstatus. EOE ofMinorities/Females/Veterans/Disability