What You’ll Do
- Design, build and enhance the embedded software functionality that controls, plays and distributes audio throughout the multi-room Sonos system.
- Develop control capabilities and APIs to expand 3rd party services.
- Collaborate with cloud partners to develop solutions in our embedded software platform.
- Architect solutions that ensure clean SDK integrations into an existing codebase.
- Create features to enhance our third-party developerexperience when integrating with Sonos.
- Work side by side with partners on tough, but interesting integration challenges.
Skills You’ll Need We're looking for engineers of varying backgrounds and experience levels with the qualifications below:
- Experience shipping reliable, extensible and maintainable software.
- C/C++ developer with strong object-oriented design skills.
- Understanding of API design and experience developing an API platform and/or SDK.
- Experience with cloud, RESTful APIs, HTTPtechnologies and with a range of 3rd party API platforms.
- Experience with TCP, UDP and othernetworking protocols.
- Experience with memory management, multi-threaded development and system optimizations.
- Ability to effectively engage in written and verbal technical communication with our partners.
- Agile software development methodology.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline.
Nice to have:
- Embedded/IoT application development a plus.
- Familiarity with web application security, SSL, OAuth.
- Home automation development a plus.
- Voice application development a plus.
- Python coding experience a plus.