This analyst will work closely with division leadership and project managers to help guide strategic financial decisions and achieve division goals. Management of the project portfolio includes communicating financial information to project leaders, performing complex financial analysis, promptly identifying project risks, and providing proactive guidance to business partners.
- Creates division forecasts, annual budgets and strategic plans including providing in depth explanations of variances
- Analyzes division risks and opportunities, focusing on key indicators and assists in creating mitigation plans
- Support the division leadership with proactive financial analysis and support on critical business initiatives (which could include M&A or other strategic investment support)
- Leads and/or participates in special projects to improve or enhance financial management and operating efficiencies
- Serves as primary division level interface across multiple departments (including RTI Corporate, Accounting, Finance, ITS, and Contracts)
- Facilitates implementation of new financial policies, procedures and systems
- Provides division support for non-direct projects including forecasting and reporting
- Performs on-going project financial reviews including confirming accuracy of actual costs and forecasting remaining deliverables
- Performs internal and client reporting as needed
- Discusses project performance with the project manager sharing key variance drivers and levers that can be used to help the project achieve target metrics
- Reviews contract terms and conditions for appropriate project setup and management of deliverables
- Provides ad hoc support to project leader ensure successful financial management throughout the project
- Bachelor of Science degree in Accounting or Finance with 6+ years of relevant experiencerequired (or Masters Degree +3).
- Possesses skills as an advanced Excel user including modelling experience.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills, both oral and written and the ability to establish effective working relationships with co-workers, supervisor, technical staff, clients and senior management.
- Possesses strong knowledge of financial systems with the ability to develop ad-hocreports as required.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively gather, interpret and draw conclusions from financial data to provide sound guidance for successful financial management of a project or division.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage complex assignments with a high degree of autonomy, prioritize workload and meet competing deadlines.
- Proven ability to be resourceful and to take initiative in analyzing situations and develop solutions to difficult problems.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States and should not require now, or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status
- Must be able to obtain clearances for Department of Defense work
- Demonstrated experience in financial analysis of US Government (FAR and CAS knowledge) and/or commercial contracts a strong plus.