Director of Product Architecture
Location: Minneapolis, MN
What the product is:
Tally is ICF Olson’s proprietary Loyalty and CRM platform that delivers robust, real-time, secure marketing technology solutions for fortune 500 clients. The Tally platform is delivering solutions in the hospitality, travel, retail, and restaurant industries currently through a flexible, modular, services-oriented platform. Key technologies include Java, Kafka, ElasticSearch, SpringCloud, SpringBatch, SQL Server, Big Data (Hadoop, Hortonworks, etc.), Angular and Node JS.
Who we’re looking for:
We’re looking for a dynamic leading-edge technologist to continue to expand Tally’s core capabilities and broaden its use across other external market and internal ICF capabilities such as Aviation, Healthcare, and Energy.
The Director of Product Architecture will be the product innovation leader working in conjunction with the SVP, Technology and Core platform team, which is a cross-functional team including Product Manager, UX, BA, QA, Data Architects, Analytics, and Developers. This individual will have the development team from the core team as direct reports.
The Director will evolve and innovate the Tally platform through continuing the ingestion of real-time data via data streaming technologies, driving real-time analytics and machine learning capabilities, while providing a microservices architecture in a containerized deployment environment. The innovation will expand the capabilities for current clients, attract new ones and expand into new markets.
The Director will be a passionate technologist with the ability to lead innovation, collaborate with client teams, and deliver the Tally product roadmap on a quarterly basis. This will include providing successful upgrade paths for existing clients and on-boarding new ones. The goal of the Tally product team is to build new features and functionality, new products, reduce time-to-market, build for scale, and deliver global marketing programs.
What you’ll get to do:
- Develop and Deliver TallyProduct Roadmap
- Incooperation with SVP,Technology and Product Manager, devise and regularly update theproduct roadmap.
- Note: the roadmap is capitally invested in on annual basis which requires executive level review and approval. This provides a high-level of visibility in the broader organization including the C-suite.
- Research and understand the market needs through both business and technology lenses
- Collaborate with Olson 1to1 strategy team to understand emerging technology trends such as IoT, Blockchain, and Augmented and Virtual Reality and how these technologies can be implemented into the Tally platform.
- Develop and execute quarterly releases of the roadmap
- Deliver the roadmap through extensivearchitecture and design with the keytechnologydelivery in:
- Hibernate and Spring frameworks for ORM and data persistence
- REST web services
- SpringCloud for microservices architecture
- SpringBatch for batch processing
- Kafka for data streaming and pipelining
- ElasticSearch for fast distributed search and information retrieval
- SQL Server for operational database capabilities
- Hadoop / Hortonworks for analytic capabilities
- Angular and Node for front-end architecture
- Openshift for containerized deployment
- Atlassian Suite for Software Management and Delivery – Bamboo, Jira, Confluence, bitbucket
- Document, Educate, and Evangelize
- Produce architectural documentation
- Utilize documentation to educate and lead others in the delivery of the roadmap, as well as, adopt onto existing client teams
- Articulate, coach, and mentor others on understanding the platform including both internal teams and external clients
- Collaborate with other parts of the ICF enterprise to envision new product solutions with leveraging and expanding the use of the core Tally platform
- Direct and Manage a team of solution architects and software engineers
- Support the growth and development of a team of developers. This team currently has 5 direct reports with continued growth expected in 2018.
- Conduct biweekly 1:1s and annual performance reviews
What you’ll need to succeed:
- 10+ years of experience with custom enterprise application development in medium-large implementations
- Experience leading strategic technology roadmap and planning
- Passion for being a future driven technologist
- Demonstrated success in architectural documentation and delivery
- Strategic Technology Roadmap and Planning
- Ability to be a change agent in a dynamic client-driven product solution
- Experience leading a team of solution architects and engineers to deliver product roadmaps
- Strong knowledge of technologies listed above
- Desire to collaborate and ability to communicate effectively with a diverse stakeholder group
- A bachelor’s degree (preferredmasters)