We are seeking an experienced, high caliber Senior Field Clinical Engineer to assist customers in performing Abbotts Cardiovascular procedures, provide field procedural support of Clinical Research (IDE, Clinical trials, Registries and New Technology Assessments) and provide clinical expertise. Collaborates with Clinical Research Department staff to provide education to investigators, research staff and institution personnel at clinical trial/project sites. Provides field support to other departments, and serves as a technical conduit between customers and Abbott. Work requires the application of knowledge acquired in training and self-study of all aspects of cardiology and cardiac surgery, including all technologies, and the application of theoretical principles and analytical and troubleshooting techniques typically acquired through experience. Maintains expert knowledge and consults on technical and clinical advancements. Identifies and routinely uses the most effective, cost efficient and best practices to execute processes; continually evaluates effectiveness and appropriateness.
Employees act on their strong desire to make a difference, partner with others and put ideas into action. Employees are engaged by a work culture that is team-oriented, fast paced and progressive.
Impact this role will have on Abbott:
- Provides field support for all Clinical Research activities, including IDE, Registries and New Technology Assessments (NTAs) including identification of quality centers, assisting with training of facility staff on the requirements of the study as directed, attendance at procedures to support the study as required, and continually work with clinical teams in support of study needs to meet divisional objectives. This may include meeting enrollment objectives, protocol and regulatory compliance, supporting the administrative needs of the center, and continuous technical support.
- Works effectively on Core Teams in support of new technology, provides support to Research and Development, Marketing, and the sales force as needed to help develop new product iterations, and provides technical support. Provides Product feedback, comments and suggestions and Competitive information, and work with clinical and marketing on the development of educational modules and materials.
- Works collaboratively with the Clinical Research Department in the development of NTA plans, clinical protocols and case report forms. Works to promote the initiation and timely completion of these studies.
- Collaborates with the Clinical Research Department on clinical trial design, clinical data collection requirements, investigator training needs, and trial execution.
- Coordinates clinical evaluation of products under New Technology Assessments. Assists in the training of USD Clinical Instructors and sales reps as needed for new product launch by providing clinical support of new products as they are introduced.
- Serves as a clinical expert to Marketing and USD Clinical Instructors on the development of training materials.
- Maintains expert status and continuing clinical and technical proficiency in product expertise that goes beyond features and benefits, focusing also on design, development, clinical application and competitive positioning.
- Degree in Engineering, Biological Sciences, Nursing, or a related field.
- A minimum of five years of relevant clinical experience in cardiac surgery, research, or cardiology, preferably cardiac catheterization laboratory experience.
- Needs to have a working knowledge of imaging modalities including fluoroscopy and echocardiography.
- Demonstrated written and verbal communication, interpersonal, facilitation, presentation, quantitative, analytical, organizational, and follow-up skills, the ability to meet deadlines as well as the ability to converse effectively with all levels of employees, management and customers.
- Documented record of delivering information that adds value to management's decision making process.
- Demonstrated personal computer skills including spreadsheet, word processing, email, database management, PowerPoint and specialized applications.
- Evaluation, originality and/or ingenuity required.
- Ability to travel (domestic and internationally) up to 90% and to travel with minimum notice, with the potential for extended periods (up to a week).
- Polished communicator - written documentation and oral presentations/ discussions/ meetings.
- Excellent reputation for building relationships across various levels of an organization.
- Organized, on-time, and detailed project management skills.
- Energized attitude.
Your preferred qualifications and education:
- Preferred minimum of two years’ experience as a field clinical specialist or engineer.
- An advanced credential in a relevant discipline/concentration such as Biological Sciences.
- Professional Health Science certification or designation.
- Experience with GCP, ISO standards and clinical trial guidelines.