If you’re looking for a career that transforms, inspires, challenges, and rewards you, then come join us! Verisk Analytics is a global supplier of risk assessment services and decision analytics for customers in a variety of markets, including insurance, healthcare, financial services, supply chain, and others. We’re a thriving public company with solid revenue growth and earnings and offices worldwide. And we’re continually looking for ways to augment our existing markets and expand into new markets with excellent growth potential. At Verisk, you’ll be part of an organization that’s committed to serving the long-term interests of our stakeholders, including the communities where we operate.
We are looking for an experienced Enterprise Architect to join the CTO team. The ideal candidate will have broad architectureexperience, both application and infrastructure with demonstrated experience in migrating platforms to the Cloud. The candidate will be involved in assessing existing platforms, designing future state, and building transition in order to migrate both applications and infrastructure to the cloud.
The role requires solid experience in cloud computing environments, hands on technical skills, passion and appetite to master new technologies, and excellent communication skills.
• Experience architecting cloud infrastructures on Amazon Web Services (AWS) for small, medium scale and enterprise level applications
• Certifications on Amazon Web Services, AWS, including Solutions Architect, Developer, or Azure are highly desirable
• Specific experience with cloud adoption, including application readiness assessment, prototyping of new environments, server builds, data migration, performance tuning of cloud environments
• Technical knowledge of infrastructure components such as Network, Storage, Linux/Windows, zOS, Application knowledge of Java, .Net, Cobol and IT security
• Conceptual knowledge of broad Cloud capabilities and hands on experience with one or more cloud technology stacks.
• Work collaboratively with project teams to implement the technology direction, vision, and strategy to enable Cloud technology adoption
• Implement and refine cloud future state architectures and roadmaps including architecture standards, guidelines, and industry best practices.
• Support development of new standards, stated directions, and guideline
• Assess application and data readiness for cloud technology adoption
• Assist in ensuring that cloud based systems are aligned to the architectural and security guidelines
• Guide infrastructure operations and engineering teams in deployment of cloud based service providers
• Assist development teams with cloud migrations
• Guide DBA teams with cloud migrations
• Implement existing AWS and cloud technologies that best fit business needs
• Help manage stakeholder’s expectations
• Define and communicate:
• Economic and technical value proposition for cloud versus on premises
• Assist in the evaluation of IaaS, PaaS, SaaS, private, hybrid, public cloud services
• Tradeoffs among various cloud solutions versus on premises services
• Implement resilient, scalable, enterprise-class solutions in cloud infrastructures
Job ID: 20170802-9782-MGV