The role of the Regional Sales Manager, Energy Products will manage a team of outside sales members and is responsible for team metrics, ongoing development, mentoring, training and process improvement. You will manage relationships with the lead generation teams to ensure lead volume and objectives are exceeded in your assigned territory. We expect members of this team to become experts in our products and the direct-from-manufacturer sales model that has made Tesla and its subsidiary innovators in the Energy industry, while also developing the acumen needed to excel as in the Energy Sales team. As a team, we all work together to help our products affect & enrich more lives around the world every day.
This job is with SolarCity, a subsidiary of Tesla, Inc.
- Leadership: Lead, manage and motivate a team of outside sales representatives to become experts in energy products, contracts, and low pressure sales approaches
- Team Development: Conduct regular team meetings and individual performance reviews for continued development
- Relationship Management: Develop and maintain positive cross functional relationships with internal teams to ensure ongoing success of team goals
- Process Improvement: Continually evaluate lead generation and sales approach to increase effectiveness of the team
- Reporting: Provide regular team reports to management and be able to speak clearly and concisely to sales trends and focus areas based on data
- Goal Setting: Partner with leadership to align territory goals and metrics
- Team Management: Responsible for team staffing and recruitment efforts in territory
- Be a team player. We want teammates with a proactive, never-fail attitude in the face of adversity, ambiguous situations and a lack of managerial oversight. You should have the ability to work and motivate yourself independently while also working with teammates for the greater good of the team and company.
- Self-motivated & passionate with ability to work effectively in a highly automated & collaborative sales environment
- Strong relationship management skills and the ability to explain complex technical concepts
- Proven track record to meet or exceed, team and individual, targets and goals
- Positive and energetic presentation skills, excellent listening skills, strong writing skills
- Experience managing and developing teams
- Proficient with standard corporate productivity tools (email, voicemail, MS Office, internet navigation, CRM applications- preferably Salesforce.com)
- At least three years of proven sales success and B2C experience
- Proven ability to build and develop a book of business and experience projecting sales numbers
- All candidates must be able to successfully pass a pre-employment background check
- Must have or be able to obtain any required state sales licenses in your sales territory
- Valid state driver’s license required