PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Establishes operational standards and processes for the applications which ensure reliable system operation and output with no manual intervention.
- Utilize business knowledge to identify opportunities for improvement of existing and/or new information technology that will drive value to the business and increase efficiency gains.
- Log, monitor, document and resolve application software problems either directly or with the assistance of others (e.g., Infrastructure staff, other application staff, the vendor, etc.).
- Evaluate documented resolutions and analyze root cause trends for ways to prevent repeated future problems.
- Perform preventative maintenance, including the installation of service packs, patches, hot fixes, etc.
- Key to this role will be strong customer relationship/communication skills. This individual must be able to communicate with all levels of staff within the designated business areas.
- Maintain self-motivation to learn and apply current technical knowledge and to understand CCHS functions.
- Must have strong vendor management skills to ensure delivery of services expected as well as overall application management.
- Provide clear and effective documentation for known procedures and issues to be used by individuals of varying knowledge levels.
- Escalate as appropriate, application problems and issues to key stakeholders, including management, and end users.
- Ensure effective first-level support of applications through effective Customer Service Center (CSC) documentation.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL, AND ABILITY REQUIREMENTS:
- Must be a committed, enthusiastic team player, with a focus on customer satisfaction.
- Must possess strong interpersonal communication skills. Must have the ability to work constructively with customers under adverse situations. Ability to handle difficult situations with people in meetings is required.
- Demonstrated ability to relate technology to the customer so that they are comfortable with using it and perceive value in the service provided.
- Must possess the ability to stay ahead of rapidly changing technologies and to interface the various system components in order to produce effective and efficient solutions.
- Must be able to work in a dynamic and changing user environment and be committed to corporate IT standards.
- Must be able to perform multiple work efforts simultaneously.
- Strong customer-service orientation.
- Ability to be self-directed and motivated.
- Ability to gain expert level knowledge of acquired software applications.
- Strong problem solving skills and able to acquire a working knowledge of departmental operations are required.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s degree or commensurate experience in a discipline related to the assigned area.
- 4+ years of experience maintaining operational readiness for existing systems and/or new implementations required.
- Data extract/report writing experience with Business Objects, or SQL or Oracle tools required.
- Experience in the healthcare, ACO, or payer industry is preferred.
- Working knowledge of Oracle 11g and/or 12c and PL/SQL preferred.
- ITIL certification preferred.
- Working knowledge of HL7 beneficial.
Job Requisition #: