Regional Center Director, Non-Ordained - CareNet Counseling
Less than 5 years experience • Healthcare IT
Regional Center Director, Non-Ordained - CareNet Counseling, Statesville, NC.
Job Summary: Provides leadership in developing multiple strategic locations in defined region. Responsible for the administrative, financial operations, and development of the counseling centers. Delivers limited clinical services, supervises and develops other clinical staff and support staff in accordance with department policy and procedures and within the code of ethics of the counseling profession. Develops appropriate material and financial support in collaboration with the local sponsoring board or agency. Initiates planning and public relations activities to increase value and utilization within its area.
Education / Experience:Undergraduatedegree; graduate degree from accredited business, education, seminary or divinity school. Advanced degree (Th.M., D.Min., or Ph.D.) preferred. Minimum three years of non-profit leadership and clinical experience in a faith-integrated counseling center, or equivalent, with strong supervisory, managerial and administrative experiencepreferred.
Licensure, Certification, and/or Registration: Fellow or Diplomate in the American Association of Pastoral Counselors; North Carolina Licensed Professional Counselor; North Carolina Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist with supervisory status preferred. Certificate in Non-Profit leadership or equivalent..
- Adheres to the general hospital and subsidiary standards to promote a cooperative work environment between CareNet and local center by utilizing communication skills, interpersonal relationships and team building.
- Delivering high-quality non-profit leadership that supports the CareNet mission and vision. Provides leadership to the board and staff as a leader, administrator, marketer, and fund developer.
- Achieves financial and clinical goals as set forth by CareNet and the local board. Develops funding strategy, budgets, collaborative partnerships, and business plan in cooperation with CareNet, Inc. and local board to expand the service.
- Delivers limited clinical care to clients based on size of center and demand.
- Leads and develops staff to meet financial, program, and professional goals. Communicates with staff and creates a supportive environment that is committed to the mission and vision of CareNet and Wake Forest University Baptist Medical Center.
- Administers center operations that comply with hospital, subsidiary, and local center requirements. This would include but is not limited to building staff team, hiring, evaluating, and formulating policy.
- Manages the overall quality of the centers in order for them to meet CareNet, Inc., accrediting, and counseling industry benchmarks.
Skills & Qualifications:
- The position requires excellent interpersonal and human relations skills.
- Strong non-profit leadership, administrative, and supervisory skills to lead a board, clinical , and support staff.
- Must relate well to client population and the business, professional, and religious leadership of the community served.
- Fund-raising, public relations and organizational skills are necessary to build and maintain a viable faith-integrated counseling center operation.
- Able to maintain personal, emotional, physical and spiritual health while serving a diverse client population, managing a support and professional staff, administering center operations, and developing community and financial support.
- Subject to stressful conditions
- Moderate noise environment
- Clean, well-lit, comfortable clinical space
- Subject to highly charged emotional, stressful, and unpredictable situations
- Occasionally handles emergency or crisis situations requiring inpatient or hospital admissions
Job ID: 23919