Vice President Supply Chain
8 - 10 years experience • Energy & Environmental Services
Our client is an American made diversified industrial manufacturer. The company was founded in 2006 and started production in 2012. They have built a 700,000 sq ft plant in Hattiesburg, MS. The company has put together a very impressive leadership team and is now looking to add a Vice President of Supply Chain (and Procurement). Additionally, the company expects to double in revenue from 2017 to 2018 (based on current customer orders). The company is well financed by a VC institutional investor. The role will report directly to the CEO. In this role, this strategic leader will own the entire Supply Chain to include all Procurement and Supply Base activities. Currently, this person will have 7 direct reports (will continually grow with company growth). Approximately 70% of the company’s business/supply chain/logistics is in the US and 30% globally. The role will be located in Hattiesburg, MS. Relocation is offered.
- Ensure the most economical and technically approved supply of direct, indirect materials, spare parts and supplies on time and budget.
- Ensure service agreements adequate controls are in place to ensure any service agreements, contracts, consulting agreements are properly executed, tracked and monitored.
- To work as a senior member of the HMS team to reduce overall cost, improve operational performance, and meet customer requirements.
- To establish programs to train develop and upgrade staff driving for continuous improvement in both the organization and your department.
- To resolve long standing material issues, related to quality on time delivery, tracking and monitoring with problematic venders
- To work to improve relationship with all, key suppliers through building partnerships, semiannual face-to-face meetings.
- To reduce the number of suppliers that demand cash in advance and improve overall credit terms that will benefit cash flow.
- Work withengineering and quality on material / supply related issues to improve operational performance reduce cost and improve product performance quality and reliability.
- To establish and implement forward looking programs to ensure the ongoing competiveness of all projects working in cross functional team to meet or exceed company targets and objectives.
- Track and monitor spare parts usage, needs and establish program to ensure we have appropriate spares with our shortages or overages.
- Establish tightly controlled warehouse policy and containment resolving ongoing issues with material and supplies tracking, issued, consumption and control.
- The following immediate supply issues must be addressed:
- Re-evaluate the supply base
- Resolve spare parts issues
- Address Freight costs
- Improve supply chain, demand, supply planning, S&OP process by fully integrating into new Oracle system
- Resolve forecasting and planning issues
- Mature all Supply Chain and Procurement systems and processes
- Mature outbound inventory methods and processes
13. Take over Sales Ops process and at least weekly meet with heads of module and system sales operations to resolve delivery conflicts and priorities.
14. Take over order entry, SO acknowledgment cycle and assume customer service roll.
15. Finish proper utilization and training for Oracle MRP, inventory management, sales order processing and customer fulfillment activities. (get off spreadsheets)
16. Review and improve incoming inspection, vender certification and discrepant material handling and processing.
17. Establish, execute and insure compliance for cycle spare such as pumps, shields, and other various capital equipment that must be sent out for repair maintenance, upgrades and or replacement.
18. Work with SES systems group, operations, finance, and business development team to streamline daily cash management priorities.
--8-15 yrs in supply chain and procurement leadership
--Experience in a diversified manufacturing environment with a global supply chain
--Experience assessing, modifying and implementing Best Practices
--Enjoy multi-tasking, strategic direction planning, all the while putting out the fires of a relatively new supply chain/supply base
--Procurement/Sourcing exp of direct and indirect categories
--Ownership of the full Supply Chain
--Strong exp in demand and supply planning and S&OP process
--Experience with major ERP/MRP systems (Oracle a plus)
--Enjoy setting Strategic direct, but still a Tactical execution person
--A person who does not accept “no”
--A person who asks “why”
--Creative Problem Solver
--Ability to work thru Ambiguity and Road Blocks