Established in 1972, Thales Canada is a leading electronic solutions provider for the Transportation, Defence & Security, and Aerospace sectors. Thales Canada employs staff across main sites located in Montreal, Quebec City, Ottawa, Toronto and Vancouver.
If you have a passion for innovation and are interested in joining a dynamic, fast-paced team, Thales may be the right fit for you. Currently, we have an opening for a/an:
Title: Projects Portfolio Director
To direct and manage the Project Management Department being responsible for implementing all aspects of the assigned projects from contract award to acceptance within the Thales RSSI and global Thales matrix organization policies and with external partners. To manage projects directly if situation does not allow for a dedicated project manager. The department typically includes the following functions with direct staff responsibility: Project Management, Contract Administration, Project Administration.
- Ensure that the assigned projects are correctly planned and executed by the responsible project managers to meet or overachieve sales, cost and schedule requirements as defined by the company, accountability for all assigned projects results
- Implement effective contract and claim management in all projects to increase the contractual margin and protect the company against liability claims
- Advise, mentor and guide the project organization in their mission and support them in cross functional interaction e.g. project staffing, material or external service requirements or resolving of critical situations directly with peers, superiors, GM
- Support PMs in managing their customer interface and communication effectively, establish relationships to customer’s peer management and manage this to limit escalations to senior management
- Ensure that staffing requirements and budget related to assigned staff is planned and competencies of assigned staff are actively managed in order to meet company and project needs.
- Ensure Thales processes (in particular but not limited to Risk and Workpackage Management), procedures and policies are known and implemented in the department and complied with in the project execution and to continuously search for and implement improvement measures
- Comply with reporting requirements as communicated
- Must be able to show and demonstrate skills and experiences related to the responsibilities
- College or university graduate preferably with a Degree in Business Management
- Working experience in all phases of project management, project planning, engineering, construction, contract administration and accounting
- PMI certification or similar
- Industry knowledge in Rail Signalling would be an asset.
Job ID: R0015167