Responsible for effectively directing the sales of voice, data and IP communications services to small-to-medium business customers in an effort to maximize sales revenues and meet corporate objectives on a consistent basis. Conducts accurate sales forecasts, delivers monthly sales and revenue quota to ensure profitability goals are achieved/exceeded. Directs and develops Sales Managers who lead sales professionals within Utah, New Mexico, and Arizona.
- Establishes plans and strategies to expand the customer base in the assigned areas.
- Develops and assigns geographic territories and customer/prospect modules.
- Hires, manages, mentors and motivates successful, solution oriented sales teams.
- Directly supervises multiple Sales Managers to establish performance goals and measurements, and partner with them to obtain results.
- Develops a consultative business-to-business sales culture through strong leadership and coaching. Leads by example by modeling the Comcast Credo, Touchstones, and Promise.
- Coaches, reviews, rewards, motivates, disciplines, and terminates managers in the field sales, Sales Engineering, and Sales Support areas. Evaluates effectiveness of managers and implements necessary changes. Addresses personnel issues/performance issues in accordance with Company policy.
- Possesses an excellent knowledge of Company's products/services, pricing practices, and selling skills to effectively oversee small-to-medium business sales deployment of new products and services that target the enterprise segment.
- Monitors and prepares reports and forecasts monthly, quarterly, and annual sales results and other activity and performance measures through experience with processing and analyzing of data.
- Develops, plans, and coordinates seminars, sale incentive plans, and other strategies to achieve business unit objectives. Exhibits excellent written and oral communications, interpersonal skills and planning, presentation and organizational skills.
- Identifies and implements improvements in business processes yielding, increased sales performance, and/or higher operational efficiency through excellent time management, decision-making, and human relations skills.
- Establishes and cultivates effective business relationships, both cross-functionally and with Division and Corporate Business Services teams and with internal organizations to ensure maximum effectiveness of the sales organization.
- Manages and monitors small-to-medium business sales channels within budgeted sales and expense targets.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Bachelors Degree or Equivalent
Generally requires 9+ years related experience
- A minimum of 5+ years of successful Sales Management experience within the High Tech/ Telecommunications/ industry in a sales management role; directly leading a sales team.
- Proven ability to hire, manage, mentor and motivate successful, solution oriented sales teams.
- A track record for consistently exceeding revenue goals.
- Experience in developing and assigning geographic territories and customer/prospect modules.
- Strong communication skills, leadership, analytical and decision making skills.
- Must have knowledge of Voice, Data, and IP products with an understanding of Hosting and Cloud products and services a strong benefit.