The Director of Marketing is responsible for all aspects of marketing, communications, advertising and business development for the health system. Reporting to Ardent Health Services' Vice President of Marketing, the successful candidate will maintain strong internal and external relationships while developing and implementing marketing and communication strategies to grow volumes, improve reputation and brand awareness, and advance strategic business objectives.
- Oversees management of all marketing communications functions including service line marketing, physician relations, database marketing, web-based communications, external communications, advertising, community and corporate relations, and community outreach and events.
- Develops strategic service line marketing plans in coordination with hospital and corporate leadership.
- Serves as primary spokesperson, working with media to ensure the organization is positively represented on both a proactive and reactive basis.
- Creates communication and media plans for internal and external audiences utilizing traditional, digital and social media marketing channels.
- Work with HR leadership to develop and execute strategies to support recruitment and retention, employee advocacy and internal communications.
- Provides leadership with marketing and communications counsel, leveraging traditional, digital and social media marketing and utilizing employee feedback to continually improve strategies and communications for best impact and engagement.
- Develops, directs and administers strategic, operational, fiscal and personnel activities for the Marketing department.
- Develops and monitors a variety of analytical and statistical reports to assist with departmental forecasting and gauge success of marketing efforts.
- Represents the organization and/or department at various community and/or business meetings; promotes existing or new services; serves as liaison and develops and maintains business relationships.
- Works in tandem with Corporate Marketing including enterprise employee initiatives, communications development, strategic marketing, communication distribution and best practices.
- Takes ownership of assignments; other duties as assigned or requested. Communicates and listens effectively with internal and external customers; effectively understands instructions and shares knowledge. Cooperates and interacts with supervisors, peers, other departments, and all customer groups demonstrating our commitment to service.
- Meets budget (operating & capital) for assigned areas. Participates in budget development.
- Mentors, coaches and develops subordinates to accomplish goals.
- Develops policies, processes, strategies and goals that support department/corporation direction.
- Strong verbal, written and oral communication skills
- Ability to interact with and positively influence all levels of employees and management while establishing and maintaining collaborative partnerships
- Demonstrated sound judgment; strong organizational, interpersonal skills; and ability to prioritize, multi-task, maintain quality and meet deadlines
- Ability to communicate effectively, direct and manage projects and/or programs, prepare technical reports and proficient in advanced computer skills
- Demonstrated business use of social media platforms (e.g., Facebook, Twitter, etc.) including posting and content development and ability to quickly learn and adapt to new and emerging channels
- Self-motivated; ability to work both independently and as part of a team
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Journalism, Public Relations or related field is preferred
- Minimum of seven (7) years of related experience - health care experience preferred.