Purpose of the Job
- Assure product quality from outgoing material through subcontracted/outside operations until delivery to customer.
- Support the qualification of external service providers and maintain their active status through periodic audits.
- Support development of processes and procedures and revise when needed.
- Validate quality processes of external processors by establishing specifications and quality attributes; measuring production; documenting evidence; determining operational and performance qualification.
- Reviews the total quality of final products to meet customer’s expectations.
- Analyze results and prepares reports for higher tier and management review.
- Prepare quality documentation and reports by collecting, analyzing and summarizing information and trends including product and process non-conformances, capability studies, corrective actions, and re-validations.
- Support product and process compliance, and surveillance audits.
- Investigate customer complaints.
- Interprets Standards (API/ ISO/ TS/ ASTM/ ASME or Customer Specs) to update/ revise procedures and communicate with the team.
Optimization of processes and plant equipment
- Support Process and Quality Improvement initiatives.
- Support product/ process, internal and external audits.
- Support implementation of production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards.
- Support implementing changes.
- Facilitate communication between management, sales, and Production Control departments.
- Support the claims management process as required.
- Quality Assurance Team reports directly to the Quality Assurance Manager
Coordination of (sub)contractors
- Work with the suppliers in resolving any quality issues during external manufacturing process steps.
- Work with supplier to continually improve the product quality.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Minimum 6 years of experience in Manufacturing or related field.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in the Quality Control or Assurance area, preferably working in OCTG finishing with API and Premium connections.
- Exceptional communication skills both oral and written
- Knowledge of tubular and/ or steel manufacturing.
- Knowledge of OCTG Finishing processes
- Knowledge of API / ASTM/ TS/ ISO standards and specifications.
- Knowledge of Dimensional Testing requirements for OCTG products.
- Certified Six Sigma Green Belt preferred
- Must be able to manage all aspects of process control development
- BS in Engineering/ Technology or BS degree