Responsible for ensuring the uninterrupted operation of assigned fabrication equipment/tooling while achieving the highest level of quality while driving waste elimination through the use of advanced World Class Manufacturing(WCM) tools and methodologies. Also, responsible for the supervision and development of the Tooling Skilled Trades team.
- Develop and maintain equipment documentation including, but not limited to: Tool and operation sheets, machine drawings, tool drawings, PFMEA's (process failure model effects analysis), control plans, OPL's (one-point lessons), software back-up programs, etc.
- Lead continuous improvement projects partnering with equipment operators, skilled trades and quality teams to improve quality, reduce mean time to repair (MTTR), improve mean time between failures(MTBF) and reduce cost to run and maintain the equipment.
- Participate in activities supporting the introduction of new products such as Make vs Buy decisions, Equipment OEM selection, equipment design/startup, First Part Approval, trial runs, etc
- Provide hands on troubleshootingsupport for the equipment operators, maintenance and tooling technicians to minimize production interruptions resulting from downtime.
- Track and monitor equipment/process performance metrics to identify improvement opportunities
Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering (Mechanical/Electrical/Manufacturing/Chemical) or closely related
Five (5) to ten (10) years of manufacturing experience
Proven success leading equipment/process improvement projects from inception to completion
- Master’s Degree in Engineering (Mechanical/ Electrical)
- Requires a comprehensive knowledge of the use of advanced manufacturing techniques
- Thorough understanding of World Class Manufacturing tools/methods specifically Professional
- Maintenance, Autonomous Maintenance and Focused Improvement.
- Well-developed communications, conflict management, coaching, interpersonal and team building skills
- PMP certification
- Six Sigma Training/Certification
- Bilingual, preferably (French)
- Supervisory experience over hourly/skilled trades across 3 shifts