Corning is one of the world’s leading innovators in materials science. For more than 160 years, Corning has applied its unparalleled expertise in speciality glass, ceramics, and optical physics to develop products that have created new industries and transformed people’s lives.
Corning succeeds through sustained investment in R&D, a unique combination of material and process innovation, and close collaboration with customers to solve tough technology challenges.
Corning's Manufacturing, Technology and Engineering division (MTE) is recognized as the leader in engineering excellence & innovative manufacturing technologies by providing diverse skills to Corning’s existing & emerging businesses.
We anticipate & provide timely, valued, leading edge manufacturing technologies and engineering expertise. We partner with Corning’s businesses and the Science & Technology division. Together we create and sustain Corning’s manufacturing as a differential advantage.
Scope of Position:
Role within group:
- Reports into Director of Mfg. Controls Systems Engineering with a strong dotted line into Corporate Cyber Security Director
- Participates or engages in external standards bodies
- Interface directly with customers (business, engineering & IT), manage the workload of self and team.
- Interface with the initial OT Cyber Security Program
- Participate in the testing and startup phases at the customer sites
- Develop into a Subject Matter Expert and key interface for manufacturing systems technologies as related to OT cybersecurity
Day to Day Responsibilities:
- Lead a group of direct & matrixed team to drive governance of Corning’s Mfg. Controls Cyber Security (MCCS) initiative
- Develop and maintain long term strategy for MCCS
- Collaborate with Corporate Cyber Security Team to identify new threats vectors and address
- Own, maintain, and update MCCS Framework – also referred to as Operational Technology (OT) Cyber Security Framework – a company reference guide detailing specific cybersecurity topics and remediation approaches
- Supports the implementation and ensure compliance of the MCCS OT Framework in new and existing facilities (Firewalls, DMZ, security zones, OT device backups, OT configuration management, etc.)
- Assist IT in the transparent cost-recovery efforts for ICS cybersecurity
- Collaborate with IT in the development of OT Cyber Security metrics
- Establish and lead OT Cyber-SecurityAudits
- Establish and run the OT Cyber Security Lab
- Establish and own with IT, OT network design and strategy
- Collaborate with IT to ensure OT firewalls are upgraded, compliant, tested, and maintained
- Responsible for knowledge management of OT Framework, plant related information, OT equipment lists, etc.
- Responsible for interfacing with the MCCS Council to ensure overall direction and gain approval when required
25% domestic and international
Hours of work/work schedule/flex-time:
RequiredEducation: BS / MS Computer Science or ElectricalEngineering or equivalent
Required Years and Area of Experience:
With 15years of experience. A minimum of 5 years of demonstrated manufacturing OT experience
- Manufacturing Experience
- Cyber SecurityExperience either as implementer or receiver
- Understanding local area networktechnologies
- Possess technical understanding and have participated in Control and IMS Systems technologies design/installation
- Experience interacting with various levels of the organization
- Ability to create and present/communicate project related material in front of the Customer/Receiver
- Experience in developing global strategies by working across different organizations
- Ability to manage conflict and drive resolution
- Supervisory experience
- Advanced networking skills
- Software Development background
- VB.Net, C#.Net, ASP.Net, Visual SourceSafe, SOAP, Web services
- Other high level language experience (e.g. C, C++, Java)
- Strong knowledge of Web Services, WSDL, XML-HTTP
- Software reliability
- System Administration at enterprise level (Windows Server, UNIX, VMS etc.)
- Experience and/or familiarity with System Security configurations for Windows, Unix, and/or Linux systems
- RDBMS SQL Databaseexperience with Oracle and SQL Server 2000, MySQL, PostgreSQL etc.
- Experience working with Business expansion/new plant construction projects
- Technical experience with software messaging tools and techniques
- Ability to communicate with the Customer both from an Engineering and IT requirements perspective
- A collaborative work style.
- Commitment to continuous development and continuing education, to stay on top of IT and cyber-security trends.
- Demonstrated ability to work on assigned projects with minimal supervision
- Knowledge of ICS-CERT, ISA, DHS cybersecurity standards
- Experience managing department budgets
- Strong customer focus
- Experience working with personnel at all levels of an organization
- Experience and/or familiarity with security configurations for switches, firewalls, intrusion detection systems, intrusion protection systems, and othernetwork-attached devices
- Experience and/or familiarity with vulnerability assessments and methodologies, information gathering tools
- Experience conducting cybersecurity penetration tests
- Problem-solving and analytical ability with technical curiosity.
- A collaborative work style.
- Commitment to continuous development and continuing education, to stay on top of OT and cyber-security trends.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with Leadership and other team members
- Must be a team player (and resolve issues in consultation with other team members)
- Flexible with respect to travel to global locations
Req #: 609