Joerns Healthcare is a leading national distributor of therapeutic support surfaces, bariatric care equipment, negative pressure wound therapy systems, and safe patient handling solutions. We serve special patient handling needs across the entire continuum of care, including acute care hospitals, long term acute care hospitals, skilled nursing facilities, rehabilitation facilities, and hospice centers.
We continually strive to provide the most exceptional service, the most affordable products, and the most innovative patient care solutions to our customers. We are currently searching for skilled, self-motivated and dedicated professionals to add to our team. We offer hands on training, benefits and an outstanding work environment.
At Joerns Healthcare, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability. Our employees also receive Paid Vacation and Holidays. Please note that benefits may vary by site.
The Accounting Manager will provide accounting and financial support for the corporate office. This includes direct supervision over general ledger accounts, detail analysis and presentation of financial data, recording and approval of journal entries, preparation and review of monthly account reconciliations, and other similar activities or ad hoc requests. Additionally, the individual is responsible for drafting and maintaining financial policies and procedures, safeguarding assets, as well as implementing process improvements.
Major Duties & Responsibilities
- Partner on managing month-end close processes, review journal entries, assist with the preparation of financialreporting, and provide detail level review and analysis
- Ensure all month end deadlines are met
- Review and perform monthly account reconciliations as assigned
- Perform monthly financial variance analysis, including research, documentation and communication of account fluctuations
- Ensure financial records are in compliance with corporate policies & procedures and also with US GAAP
- Provide guidance and research for complex and unusual business transactions
- Manage staff accountants including hiring, training, performance reviews, and time review and approvals as necessary
- Assist with the coordination of the external audit process and help support external tax practitioners
- Special projects, ad hoc reporting and analysis, as required
- Support cross-functional departments including AP, AR, billing, contracts, & FP&A
- Draft and maintain corporate financial policies and procedures as needed
- Identify and research potential errors as well as cost save opportunities that will result in more accurate financialreporting
- Help develop components of forecasts and budgets as required
- Analyze current processes to improve efficiency and increase automation
- This position is responsible for the supervision of four direct reports
Bachelor’s degree in accounting
Required Skills & Experience
- At least 6 years of progressive accounting experience, including 2-3 years in public accounting/auditing
- Strong understanding of balance sheet, cash flow, and income statement
- Previous supervisory experience
- Travel of up to 25%, including international travel, may be required.
- Knowledge of G/L account reconciliations and journal entry preparation
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel, and other software programs
- Demonstrated capability to interface and maintain effective relationships with cross-functional departments and employees in a team-oriented environment
- Skilled at process improvement and driving efficiencies
- Responsive to customer and department needs
- Flexible/adaptive to change
- Inspires and motivates others to perform well, accepts feedback from others
- Well organized, dependable, punctual, strong work ethic
- Strong analytical skill set - ability to analyze problem and develop meaningful solutions
- This individual must have a strong accounting background, be detail oriented, and have solid analytical skills and abilities.
Preferred Skills, Experience & Education
- CPA is preferred
- Experience with SAP.
Job ID 2017-3529