Team Bowhead seeks Application Programmer (Associate, Intermediate and Senior) to support CIO G6 Information Assurance at Detroit Arsenal in Warren, Michigan. CIO G6 offers a secure, integrated, standards-based environment that ensures uninterrupted global access and enables collaboration and decisive action throughout all operational phases across all environments. CIO G6 leads Army network modernization to deliver timely, trusted and shared information for the Army and its mission partners. Accepting applications from experienced Application Programmer from Associate to Senior level.
The Application Programmer devises or modifies procedures to solve complex problems considering computer equipment capacity and limitations, operating time and form of desired results. Designs, codes, tests, debugs and documents those programs. The Application Programmer is competent to work at the highest technical level of all phases of application(s) programming activities.
• Conducts detailed analysis of defined system specifications.
• Converts symbolic statements of work processes to detailed, logical work flow charts and coding into program language.
• Designs detailed programs, flowcharts and diagrams indicating mathematical computations, sequence data and print solutions.
• Verifies accuracy and completeness of programs by preparing sample test data, conducting program tests, analyzing results and debugging program errors.
• Develops corrections by revision of instructions or alteration of sequence of operations.
• Prior experience at Detroit Arsenal (in similar position), highly desired.
• High School diploma or GED certificate PLUS ten (10) years related experience
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Mathematics or Science PLUS Five (5) years related experience
• Requires a combination of education and certifications consistent with industry standards for the above referenced position.
• Previous experience at CIO G6 is highly desired
• Intermediate to advanced level skills in Microsoft Office software suite - Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint
• Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of employees and outside contacts
• Strong interpersonal skills and good judgment with the ability to work alone or as part of a team
• Prior experience at Detroit Arsenal (in similar position), highly desired
SECURITY CLEARANCE REQUIRED must currently hold and be able to maintain a security clearance at the Secret level. US Citizenship is a requirement for Secret clearance at this location.