Performs analysis functions to assist in the development and implementation of new Laboratory Information Systems (LIS), the revision of existing systems, and provides project management for assigned special projects. This position is 40 hours per week.
1. Develops prototypes and structures that demonstrate advanced clinical laboratory concepts.
2. Supports laboratory sections by providing section specific operational, computational and instructional needs that go beyond the basic support offered by IT. Defines problems, collects data and proposes computer-based solutions.
3. Data-mines patient oriented laboratory results and converts them to population based results for reporting purposes, to monitor quality and recommend areas of improvement.
4. Develops and documents system design specifics to assure client/user understanding and agreement of specific system inputs, outputs and costs.
5. Logs, monitors, documents and resolves application software problems either directly or with the assistance of others (e.g., Infrastructure staff, other application staff, the vendor, etc.)
6. Maintains effective relationships to provide a climate receptive to systems improvement and to enhance understanding of the users' business concerns.
7. Participates on user project teams, audits installed system for conformance to objectives and makes applicable changes, conducts additional training, and clarifies procedures to assure full user satisfaction.
8. Provides clinical laboratory expertise to users and keeps key constituencies informed of the latest developments and innovations in clinical laboratory informatics, adhering to both D-H and regulatory agencies standards.
9. Provides technical work direction to other team personnel as needed in order to insure timely and accurate project completion.
10. Provides clear and effective documentation for known procedures and issues to be used by individuals of varying knowledge levels.
11. Provides technical support after normal working hours as necessary.
12. Performs other duties as required or assigned.
Bachelor's degree in computer science, computer programming, biology, Medical Technology, or a related major with 3 years of analysis experience in a hospital laboratory environment, or the equivalent in education and experience required. Excellent written and verbal communication skills required along with consensus-building skills and utilizing a team approach. Must be an expert/proficient in at least one technology or system/application. Demonstrated expertise in clinical laboratory informatics.