This position is responsible for overseeing one of our operation's most critical production areas and will work as a key contributor to the business by ensuring that processes run smoothly and work proactviely to ensure constant focus on continuous improvement within the area of responsibility.
- Efficiently manage the daily production needs through the department.
- Adjust move staffing, hold employees in their area accountable for meeting production goals.
- Lead by example: (safe, punctual, drive for good quality, on time delivery and communication with all employees).
- Deliver daily tool box talks and conduct pre-shift exercises, effectively mentor, coach and guide employees in their area, conduct safety and SOP trainings - update monthly, conduct monthly 6S audits, weekly quality audits, daily restroom/cafeteria clean up, monitor end of shift clean-up activities and restock the next shift for success.
- Gather/assemble/distribute equipment/tools for start of shift
- Effectively communicate with other leads, on both shifts, and recommend/drive corrective actions.
- Support continuous improvement efforts,
- Recommend disciplinary actions and participate in disciplinary actions given.
- Communicate when non-MP inventory items get low.
- Daily hand off with counterpart.
- Complete maintenance work orders for repairs as necessary.
- Strong knowledge of manufacturing production processes/doors/raw materials, manufacturing needs to complete daily demands, The ability to make decisions with limited information.
- Read/interpret schedules/tickets, customer specifications, quality standards and read tape measure to 1/16".
- Understand the job requirements for all positions within their area of responsibility. Some knowledge of upstream/downstream departments processes. Strong knowledge of how their department impacts the next department and the next shift.
- 5 plus years work experience in a manufacturing environment required;
- Successful candidates have shown a good performance record of technical competence and leadership demonstrated through performance feedback at the meets or exceeds expectations level.
- Working knowledge and experience of production flow and processes.
- Highly energized and self-motivated with experience working with teams to implement change.
- Have the patience, perseverance and passion to drive the lean culture across the plant.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (oral and written) required for coaching others.
- Ability to lead, influence and motivate a group of peers without direct supervision authority.