Senior BMC Remedy Administrator
8 - 10 years experience • Business Intelligence
Job Duties andResponsibilities
This Performance Work Statement (PWS) is to support our customer in meeting operational and information technology objectives of their Data Center and Enterprise Service Desk programs. This effort represents a continuation of system life cycle support services for the Data Center and Enterprise Service Desk environments.
Enterprise Application Support utilizes BMC’s suite of IT Service Support Management (ITSSM) tools. The BMC Remedy service desk application and Atrium Discovery and Dependency Mapping (ADDM) software supports the customer’s asset management and change management. ADDM is used to conduct end-to-end discovery of all of the customer's physical, virtual, and application assets. Remedy and ADDM work in tandem to provide service desk management, change management, asset management, and knowledge management throughout day-to-day agency support. Providing 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year support to the customer.
• Provide Tier 3 support to our customer.
• Deliver high availability (reference performance standards) for BMC resources while ensuring confidentiality and integrity of the environment provided to the business.
• Conduct end-to-end discovery of all of the customer's physical, virtual, and application assets.
• Monitor server event changes (Remedy System structured items) and server statistics (peak hours, performance hits, etc.).
• Control fixed and floating license assignments. Initiates license renewal paperwork for the Remedy application as necessary.
• Analyze and optimize configuration of the customer’s Remedy implementation.
• Support the; Action Request System, Database, Operating System, Web Server, Servlet Engine, Remedy Mid-Tier tuning and Remedy Knowledge Manager.
• Maintain the Configuration Management Database (CMDB).
• Manage the Asset Manager linkages between agency assets to include software licenses, leases, warranty, and support contracts.
• Design, develop, evaluate and integrate fixes/patches and enhancements through all phases of the System Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
• Ensure all aspects of Disaster Recovery (DR) are operational and tested.
• Review all security logs to include; Customer's enterprise log management system and local event logs.
• Perform all remediation actions for compliance, Security Technical Implementation Guide (STIG), and vulnerability scan violations. Develop Plan of Action and Milestone (POAM) as required.
Mandatory Skills Requirements:
• Microsoft Windows Server 2008R2, 2012R2 and 2016
• Microsoft SQL Server 2012, 14 and 16
• BMC Remedy 9.1
• BMC Discovery 11.0
• Patch Management
Other Skills Preferred:
• Interpersonal and People Skills
• Ability to use PC
• Ability to handle stress and work well under pressure
• Organizational Skills
• Ability to use MS Office
• Oral and Written Communication Skills
• Listening Skills
• Analytical and Critical Thinking Skills
• Multi-Tasking Ability
Qualifications Requires Bachelor’s degree (in Computer Science, Management Information Systems or related field) or equivalent, and seven to nine years of related (systems analysis and complex business systems support) experience.
Degrees Equivalent Experience/Education
Years of Experience 13-15years w/High School Diploma
07-09 years w/Bachelors Degree
04-06 years w/Masters Degree