RSM US looking for a Tax - Manager Business Incentives to join our expanding Credits, Incentives and Methods group.
In your important role, you will be responsible for the following:
- This is a client facing position in which you should be able to demonstrate an understanding of multi-state credit and incentive programs, Federal WOTC and local incentive programs.
- Assisting companies with reducing investment costs by unlocking and securing favorable incentives packages
- Identifying agencies administering various programs Controversies, and identifying tax and non-tax savings opportunities for past and future investments, job creation, research, training and other qualified expenditures.
- Extensive technical skills, including identifying, applying and securing applicable credit and incentive programs.
- Understanding and applying changes in state legislature, tax research, consulting and compliance as it relates to multi-state specialties.
- Considerable experience identifying and addressing client needs: building, maintaining, and utilizing networks of client relationships and community involvement; communicating value propositions; managing resource requirements, project workflow, budgets, billing and collections; and preparing and/or coordinating complex written and verbal materials.
- Considerable experience as a team leader: supervising teams to create an atmosphere of trust; seeking diverse views to encourage improvement and innovation; and coaching staff including providing timely meaningful written and verbal feedback.
- PreferredCPA Certification or other certification
- BS Degree in Accounting or other related Degree
- 6 plus years of current or recent experience in public accounting, law firm or corporate tax department, or working in State economic development
- Experience working with Michigan Economic Development
- In depth knowledge of taxlaws and regulations
Job ID RSM137