Business Development Manager
Less than 5 years experience • Advertising & Marketing Services
The Business Development Manager shall serve as a vital role on Sporting Kansas City’s Corporate Partnerships team as a revenue generator focused on creating innovative solutions for next-generation Sporting Club partners. This sales position is expected to have a regional and national contact list as well as the capacity to adapt to the unique and vibrant Kansas City market.
- Report to the Director of Corporate Partnership Sales to effectively and strategically enhance Sporting Kansas City’s corporate partner base.
- Serve as a Corporate Partnerships revenue generator, focused on creating innovative solutions for next generation Sporting Club partners.
- Consistently exceed daily call and appointment targets while using traditional and innovative interpersonal communication tactics.
- Help transform the standard sponsorship approach into a multi-platform solution for partners.
- Meet and exceed yearly corporate partnership sales targets set by the Leadership Team.
- Network with local, regional and national organizations in an effort to acquire partnership sales.
- Maintain and continually grow the company’s prospective partner pipeline.
- Build relationships with prospects’ gatekeepers and key company decision-makers, as well as internally witheach Sporting Club group.
- Create, track and maintain all proposals for prospective clients, detailing the progress of the sales process.
- Compile, report, enter, collect, forecast and track accurate account elements, billing fulfillment and contractinformation, as well as reports pertaining to proposals, contracts, budgets and other account details into Marketline/Matrix.
- Prepare documents as needed, including expense reports, account budgets, memos, letters, contracts, spreadsheets, etc.
- Mentor junior associates and seasonal interns.
- Support Sporting Kansas City’s mission, vision and values of excellence, competence, collaboration and innovation.
- Mentor junior associates and seasonal interns.
- Represent Sporting Kansas City and its related affiliates in a professional manner at all times.
- Perform other related tasks as assigned.
- Strong organizational, communications and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to organize work effectively, conceptualize and prioritize objectives and exercise independent judgment based on an understanding of organizational policies and activities.
- Independent judgment to plan, prioritize and organize a diversified workload.
- Ability to coordinate and lead multiple tasks and projects.
- Ability to demonstrate poise, tact and diplomacy. Strong teamwork aptitude required.
- High level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive, confidential situations and information.
- Self-motivated and goal-driven.
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential situations and information.
- Professional appearance and attitude, as well as ability to work with others.
- Demonstrate poise, tact and diplomacy.
- Passion for sports.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Sports Management, Marketing or other related field required.
- Minimum of three (3) to five (5) years of professional sales experience, preferably in the sports industry.
- Extensive sales training, corporate partnership and media sales experience preferred.
- Possess an extensive regional and national contact list.
- Capacity to adapt to the unique and vibrant Kansas City market.
- Spanish language fluency preferred, but not required.
- Proficient in the Microsoft Office Suite, Google Slides, Sportline and Sponsorship Buddy.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
- Required to sit, stand and walk.
- Use hands to finger, hand or feel objects, tools or controls.
- Reach with hands and arms.
- Required to talk and hear consistently.
- Ability to occasionally lift, carry and/or drag up to twenty-five (25) pounds if necessary.
- Specific vision abilities required by the role include the ability to distinguish the nature of objects by using the eye.
- Associate will be required to travel.
- Ability to work non-traditional hours and game days, including evenings, weekends and holidays as necessary.
- Meet with clients and host partner representatives.
- Conduct pre-game walk thru of the suites, concourse and club spaces to ensure activation.
- Assist with oversight of suite levels at Children’s Mercy Park.
Note: When you apply for this job online, you will be required to answer the following questions:
1. Do you have access to reliable transportation?
2. Are you able to work non-traditional hours, including evenings, weekends, and holidays as necessary?