This role is a key sales opportunity within our Single Family, Sales & Relationship Management organization. It will be primarily responsible for business development and management of key customer relationship(s) with a keen focus on leading or promoting activities that impact the customer experience, with the objective of increasing and sustaining customer satisfaction.
* The hired candidate may work remotely (east coast) but must be based in McLean, VA.
* Communicate effectively and coordinate cross-functional resources to optimize achievement of potentially disparate objectives (market share, credit quality metrics, affordable housing, profitability etc.)
* Develop a deep and thorough understanding of the customers’ business models and strategies in order to develop and integrate a pro-active approach to optimizing the value of the relationship to both Freddie Mac and the customer
* Develop and implement a customer engagement plan to include face-to-face meeting frequency standards, support team engagement, and meetings with Freddie Mac senior officers (as appropriate)
* Influence account level outcomes and convert to best practices where appropriate
* Comply with assigned reporting requirements, sales processes and standards, and communication of results
* Develop and maintain strategic account plans for each customer that addresses the customer needs and achieves the Freddie Mac goals and objectives in a balanced relationship, presenting plans periodically, and monitoring results
* Work on issues of diverse scope.
* Regularly engage with internal management across all levels as well as C-Suite level executives in customer base. Interactions frequently involve special skills, such as negotiating with customers or influencing senior level leaders regarding matters of significance to the customer or organization
* Typically has 10+ years of relevant experience in the primary and secondary market
* Bachelors degree in Business Management, Finance, or related discipline or an equivalent combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and skills
* Proven success in a consultative selling environment
* Demonstrated ability to develop and execute solutions to complex issues and transactions
* Broad understanding of the secondary mortgage market and technical competency related to economics of mortgage banking
* Willingness totravel on a regular basis asrequired
* Strong communication and organizational skills
* Ability to manage multiple efforts simultaneously
* Working knowledge of the capital markets and best execution